Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking that an off-map display option might be something desirable for those of you who don't like having the markers mess up the map and it would also add a little extra fog of war. I'm not usually a big fan of organizational displays, but it might be kind of cool with this game. Would any of you be interested in such a display? I guess it would be cardboard chart with each regiment listed and a seperate box for Disorder, OOC, Confident, Shaken/Broken and Order (for when the unit has its own order its following) markers. GTG and Col/Limber markers would still be on the unit on the map as these are physical conditions that the enemy can readily see. The displays could be kept hidden and only referenced when needed. I guess the actual Order a Leader has assigned to him could be hidden as well. Anyway, just a thought. I could come up with something if there's enough interest to do so. Thanks! Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Way interested. When is Devil's Den due out??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Barnes
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Scott said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! OK - I guess I'll start coming up with something for the off-map display and see if Mike Smith or Tim Allen can throw something together. I'll keep you advised.

As far as Devil's Den is concerned, I'm just finishing up my rough draft for Tattered Flags #2 - tentatively entitled "Into the Whirlpool" - which will be the second half of the Wheatfield battle. This primarily involves Caldwell's counterattack into the area and simulates his fight to retake the area from the just-victorious Rebel forces. It will feature, hopefully, another map, obviously some more units, ten new Battle Cards, more markers and some new rules (including Regroup and Assault orders, Skirmishers, ammo problems and some other goodies). After that, then the plan is to do a mega-expansion and have the Wheatfield area mated to Devil's Den and then it's time for some very cool grand-tactical maneuvering. I'll keep you all updated accordingly.

Thanks for the interest and I'll get working on that display. Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really nice option
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on progress with the "Into the whirlpool" expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick Barber has just submitted the two expansion maps to Tim Allen as they proceed to get everything to look the same and fit together properly. The other side of the coin is that we are in the process of retro-fitting the first game into VPG's new "Gold Banner" standards (as all of their old games will be) and I believe a new deluxe edition (including the expansion) will be published. But I'm not yet exactly sure how it will all go down.
Stay tuned!
Thanks for asking.
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.