Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, a rule I've gotten wrong this whole time.

I always thought everyone's first turn only involved one action, and that's how I've taught the game. Reading the Echo rules, I thought 'Weird, why did they change it?', and then I noticed, they didn't ... I have just been teaching it wrong.

Only the first player gets 1 action on his first turn (in a two or three player game), and the first two players get 1 action (in a four / five player game). After that play is two actions.

-Munch "now I need to reteach my game group .. sigh" Wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
See, this is why ingaming is bad. It tends to result in higher expression of deleterious recessive rules interpretations. You should encourage your group members to game more with other groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an odd statement to make.

There's about four different unconnected groups I game with regularly. Only two people in those groups have this game (myself being one), and so I'm the one who teaches it (I tend to teach a lot of games).

-Munch "Why would the number of groups you game with make a difference?" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Ulman
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Seems like a perfectly reasonable statement to me:

playing with more different game groups = playing with more different people = more chances that someone besides yourself independently purchased / learned the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess that 95% or the people on BGG play in a more limited gaming group than Kirk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
I would guess that 95% or the people on BGG play in a more limited gaming group than Kirk.

I'm pretty sure Ian was just making a pretty funny joke about inbreeding, not actually criticizing anyone's play group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Barticus88 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Ian was just making a pretty funny joke about inbreeding, not actually criticizing anyone's play group.

This. I had genetics on the brain and saw an amusing comparison, nothing more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:

Randall ... you will be missed ... good journeys

-Munch "But you'll always be here " Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.