Northridge
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We played with the following drink parallels:

Light and Dark Ales = Beer
Wines = Pink wine
Happy sounding specialty drinks [e.g. gnomish or pixie drinks, wizards brew, etc] = White wine
Bad sounding specialty drinks [orcish rotgut, troll brew, etc] = Red wine
Dragon Breath Ale = Whiskey
Water = Water
Coffee/Dirty Dish water = Coke Zero or Monster (what we had, hahaha).

8 players. It was good fun. Kinda takes a while for the turns to come around, but it seemed like people enjoyed it.

We also ruled that if you took Fortitude damage you should just take that many sips of your side drink.

NOTE: Please drink responsibly. And never ever drink and drive (or operate machinery or anything else where you'll probably lose a limb) whistle Happy gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

I completely agree with everything associated with everything about this version of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Roberts
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who partake in the wacky tobacky, you could take hits for fortitude loss!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Kuyvenhoven
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about doing this, however my question is, "How did people feel overall mixing drinks and all?" did many people get sick by end of the night?
I was looking at making it a simple drink what you had in front of you, rather than making each drink correspond to something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Korsheth wrote:
I thought about doing this, however my question is, "How did people feel overall mixing drinks and all?" did many people get sick by end of the night?
I was looking at making it a simple drink what you had in front of you, rather than making each drink correspond to something.

I'm not even sure I'd call this a variant. You're not playing the game any differently. As for people who don't want to mix drinks, you can always change it to units. For every N alcohol you gain, drink N units. Be it seconds or sips or whatever.

Whenever we play, I break out my steins. EVERYONE GETS A STEIN. Turns out I own a lot of steins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aeta Capella
msg tools
We did this last new years and it was a blast. HOWEVER one of my friends played the part of the designated bartender who created some of the more...err unique drinks. A SMASHING time was had by all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.