tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Goodrich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Why can't more games have a handicapping mechanism?
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played both with just 2, and I'd pick Macao. Reef Encounter with 2 was just too open and too easy to avoid confrontation, and eventually got sold. Macao is still going strong, in large part due to the variety of cards in the deck, which ensures every game is different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both and personally and of the two, I like Macao better , especially for two players. (I really like Stefan Feld games though). Speaking of that, I would check out his newest game The Castles of Burgundy, It is quite interesting and plays very well with two players. It is less punishing than Macao.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
Canada
flag msg tools
cayluster wrote:
I've played both with just 2, and I'd pick Macao. Reef Encounter with 2 was just too open and too easy to avoid confrontation, and eventually got sold. Macao is still going strong, in large part due to the variety of cards in the deck, which ensures every game is different.

Do you have any recommendations for other 2 player games that you like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are you buying Macao at? I can't find it anywhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
Canada
flag msg tools
aldaryn wrote:
Where are you buying Macao at? I can't find it anywhere

I think they have it a local shop I'm going to tomorrow. I actually just bought Kingsburg and Hive there, but I'm thinking those games aren't for me and my gaming group that consists of one other person.

So I'm trying to decide what games ARE for us. I'm getting Thunderstone and something else. I really like the look of Reef Encounter and I've heard it's fun with two players, but now I'm hearing different things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Goodrich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Why can't more games have a handicapping mechanism?
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmbmb
Neutral Fleet Fox wrote:
cayluster wrote:

Do you have any recommendations for other 2 player games that you like?

Sorry for the later reply. You should look at my collection - since most of my gaming is 2 player, anything I've rated highly is very good with 2 imo. My current favorites are Earth Reborn, Roll through the Ages, and Glen More. If you like card games, Haggis is a must-have for 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.