2 Posts

Shifting Sands» Forums » Rules

Subject: Norbs rules questions: to start: draconian supply rules. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Stock
msg tools
mbmbmb
So as a man who loves PoG variants, i'm soloing this game to get the hang of it. Initially I thought that, barring a lucky hercules draw, Axis had to make big gains early, then cling to them to win, maybe using Rommel as the games "wellington" while he lasts. But looking over the supply rules, I find the effect on Axis chances in the early egyptian theatre rather....harsh. I mean, the IT units are already qualitatively inferior, soon to be quantitatively inferior as far as I can tell, and attacking into forts and mountains, and then you tell me that I have to pay per unit to attack.

Am I reading this right? Slash, am I doing it wrong, in other words, is "egypt first" the correct turn 1/2 Axis play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Egypt first is viable when Herr Rommel and the panzers start to show up in 1941. Before then, not so much. The Italians really do not have enough punch unless the Brits leave only BGs along the Egyptian border for some odd reason. The Italians have an initial shot with the first card play to do a little damage, but that is about it.

A strong push into Egypt can actually cause an Axis auto victory in 1941 or later. However, the primary purpose of Axis pressure in North Africa is to force the Allies to spent OPs there instead of East Africa and later the Near East.

As far as supply goes, there are several cards that allow for the placement of Move/Attack markers regardless of supply.

All in my humble opinion of course...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.