3 Posts

Cutthroat Caverns» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on how Counter Strike interacts with other action cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
asdf adsf

Illinois
msg tools
Our playgroup has had a few disagreements about this. Obviously, we figured that Not on my watch/Not so fast cancel it out, but what about Trip, Critical Miss, Not so Tough/Tougher than he looks?

My argument was that most of these cards are in the context of a "normal" turn, i.e., in the regular flow of game play - so when it says "after they play their attack card" it doesn't just mean playing an attack card that's yours, but the attack card that you set for that turn.

Counter strike, however, isn't an attack - it's an action card that you play out of the normal flow of game play that allows you to play two Attack cards "out of turn". Sure, you could argue that those attack cards are still "yours", but I think that's not the spirit in which the card was made.

tl,dr;, in a nutshell, can you use cards like Critical Miss, Not so Tough/Tougher than he looks, Trip (not sure about Trip's text description atm so I'll just lump it here with the rest of them) to make counter strike's attack miss?

Thanks for any help, guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

From the creator:

The short answer: Yes, you can modify the attacks resulting from Counter Strike with Action cards. They are still attacks and, as such, are targetable by other players.

However, there is a loophole as it relates to creatures. Attacks played through Counter Strike do occur outside of an attack round, after the creature has already attacked for the round. The attack cards played do not cause an additional trigger for a creature attack. With Spite, for example, she will not cancel any of the attacks resulting from Counter Strike or target the player for another hit.

This logic may have given rise to your question.

Thanks for asking!
Curt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
asdf adsf

Illinois
msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.