Subject: Blank conflicts and the bag rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played yet, but after punching and setting up for a game, and reading the rules, I've got a couple of questions:

I've got two conflict cards that have blank value for strength and offer no victory points. I assume they work as normal, and exist only to let you grab kings favour tiles?

What's up with the cloth bag? Future expansion maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if the cloth bag is just a gimmick or really planned for future use.

The conflict cards without printed values are reserves actually. You also got extra stickers with various strengths so you could stick the according number on a reserve in case you lost one.

Note that some of the conflict cards are not in the game depending on how many players there are (for a 4 player game you dont add the 2 and 10 strengths for instance). So there is no free kings favor as a definite answer to your other question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I agree with Joel regarding the conflict cards but equally at a loss with the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, having now played, I could see how the blank ones wouldn't come into play since that would put too many conflicts in the deck.

Which just leaves the mystery of the bag
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Yup, having now played, I could see how the blank ones wouldn't come into play since that would put too many conflicts in the deck.

Which just leaves the mystery of the bag

It really is weird. Normally, game publishers seem to be as stingy as possible. They'll drop any unnecessary components, so this is particularly odd. I mean, base Carcassonne doesn't come with a bag but Lancaster does. What is going on here Queen?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe there was some of late rule change, after components had been ordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.