Marcin S
Poland
Warszawa
EU
flag msg tools
M s b S
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever since I bought Manoeuvre, I was looking for a good way to store it. Plano boxes are not easily available here in Europe, and I always thought separate Deck Boxes were kinda fiddly. Yeah, they do their job quite well, but putting the deck back into the box is not always easy.

I built a prototype of my custom storage solution - so I wanted to share some photos with you BGGeeks.

I will spare you a photo of a closed Manoeuvre box - ain't nothing special about it. But here is what my box looks like when I remove the boards and instructions:

A sheet of cardboard with the game cover image divides the box in half. The top half houses the boards, dice, and instructions - but when you remove the divider sheet, here is what you can see:

I suppose I have used too thin cardboard for the deck dividers, so they are slightly bent, but they certainly do the trick. Every deck is in its own compartment, and the last two smaller sections house the tokens.

Now, you've probably noticed the black ribbons. They are there to make removing the decks easier, of course. Pretty much like the ribbons in battery boxes in remotes, radios, etc. Here is a closeup of how the ribbons do the job:

Finally, a closeup of the cardboard box insert, showing how the ribbons are mounted. Basically, they are not mounted at all - they are just threaded through the hole in the divider. Actually - two holes, as the divider is cardboard folded in half, for more rigidness.

I am very much ashamed that I did not yet get Manoeuvre to table, but when I do, I will most certainly need to replace this storage prototype with a bit sturdier version (thicker cardboard). I am sure the design will work quite nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.