Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Buchler
United States
Escanaba
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checked this morning for info on the game and it no longer appears on Fantasy Flight Games' website!
No news item about it, just deleted from the forums and upcoming products listings.
Anyone hear or know anything official about this?
I was rather looking forward to this one as a long-time Blood Bowl fan...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Odd, I'm looking at the forums under Standalone Card Games, ditto for finding the game under Catalog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still on the site. It's a Standalone Card Game, not a Board Game. Maybe you were looking in the wrong place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Buchler
United States
Escanaba
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good to know, though I still don't see it in the upcoming products listing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SorenK23 wrote:
That's good to know, though I still don't see it in the upcoming products listing...

FFG has been struggling to figure out how best to release preview information on their games. They are getting better at it. Blood Bowl is a particularly strange beast because they ran a contest with it and then all communication died. On their forums, they have made a tiny mention that it's still in development so we can hope to see it eventually. I do wonder if they'll be in time to catch the deck-building wave though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy O'Neal
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Michael, I was about to be very sad. This game is really causing some heartache for me. I keep checking the forums, hoping for any kind of update, and I'm always disappointed. Perhaps I shouldn't get my hopes up for something that we know almost nothing about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I WANTS IT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, their Gears Of War game was vaporware for a LOOONNNGGG time, and it is finally coming out. Have faith.

They may also be either tweaking it so it isn't "Blood Bowl flavored Dominion" or actually waiting for the DBG fad to die a little bit so it isn't considered an Johnny Come Lately bandwagon jumping game.

I'll be buying it when it releases. I love DBGs and I loves me some Blood Bowl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of wonder if they might be trying to rework it as a LCG. I can see it working either way and that is just wild speculation on my part. I have all of these ideas in my head how this game could be bad ass and all of these ideas about how it could be terrible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Alexander
United States
Saline
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't that be great if it was a surprise release at GenCon? :whistle:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
badge
Someone gave me 88gg for a rules translation and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
I do wonder if they'll be in time to catch the deck-building wave though.

The BloodBowl wave was here before the deck building wave, and will be here after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.