Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Does anyone know of a place where I could buy this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I hope the designer Rich Gowell sees this and responds directly with another update, but to my knowledge he is very close to finalizing a few details of the game's launch and when ready it will be available directly from www.gowellclassicgames.com. I think it's going to be awesome. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Gowell
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Barring unforeseen obstacles (a significant assumption) we will be able to take orders between two and four weeks from now. Unfortunately, as I'm sure you're aware, international shipping is a challenge. Any ideas are welcome (-:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bekking
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
richgowell wrote:
Barring unforeseen obstacles (a significant assumption) we will be able to take orders between two and four weeks from now. Unfortunately, as I'm sure you're aware, international shipping is a challenge. Any ideas are welcome (-:

Any chance we'll see this in our local games stores in North America? Specifically Canada?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Why is it hard to ship internationally?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Gowell
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard = Expensive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aiken Drum wrote:

Any chance we'll see this in our local games stores in North America? Specifically Canada?

Thanks

That would be awesome, huh?

I'm not sure what sort of distribution contacts Rich has been able to make (if any), but I'll venture a guess and say that if you or anyone else wants to put him in touch with those "local game stores in North America, specifically Canada" that he would be more than happy to hook them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richgowell wrote:
Barring unforeseen obstacles (a significant assumption) we will be able to take orders between two and four weeks from now.

Salivating ... big time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
richgowell wrote:
thanks for the teaching game on boardspace.net ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Gowell
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
you bet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
taragalinas wrote:
Does anyone know of a place where I could buy this game?
and will there be a travel/mini version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
richgowell wrote:
any news on sales?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Gowell
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the website, www.gowellclassicgames.com, later this week and/or next. No gaurantees (little things rear their heads even to the last)
but we are getting very close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered mine this morning ... WooHoo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
qswanger wrote:
I just ordered mine this morning ... WooHoo!
no options for international customers yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest sending Rich an email. He should be able to hook you up with a game, though the international shipping could be quite pricey (as has been previously mentioned).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Gowell
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies, Blue Mountain. It took all night, almost, just getting what we've got up and running (we're not idiots, but software makes us feel like we are (-. We are still working on getting our international shipping options straight. We'll add the international option(s) just as soon as we can. Again, my apologies for the delay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
richgowell wrote:
My apologies, Blue Mountain. It took all night, almost, just getting what we've got up and running (we're not idiots, but software makes us feel like we are (-. We are still working on getting our international shipping options straight. We'll add the international option(s) just as soon as we can. Again, my apologies for the delay.
no big deal. I can wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dyer
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Their web site is finally accepting orders.

http://gowellclassicgames.com/index.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I ordered mine last Thursday morning and a package was on my doorstep waiting for me today when I came home from work! I couldn't wait to rip that sucker open, and when I did boy was it sweet. All wood, high-quality board and components; Pizza-box style packaging that is very functional, along with 2 white cloth bags to hold the pieces (25 barriers and 3 roamers to a side), and "the stick" to facilitate a popular variant. It was quite a pleasure to clank down those roamers and slide the barriers through the grooves as I was slavishly fondling my new acquisition. Now, if I can only manage to get some real, face-to-face games of this beauty going. :-) I think I'll be able to convince my main gaming buddy to play, if for nothing else than for the sheer pleasure of playing with this fancy new set. It will certainly add to the experience. Go get yours now before they're all snapped up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
richgowell wrote:
Just placed an order for a "high grain" board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BlueMountain wrote:
richgowell wrote:
Just placed an order for a "high grain" board.
must still be on the back of the camel train to Australia.... lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Gowell
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Blue Mountain,
Should be there soon. We walked through the form (customs) fillout process with USPS clerk, and everything was in order. Let us know when you get it. Fun playing you the other day.
Rich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
richgowell wrote:
Hey Blue Mountain,
Should be there soon. We walked through the form (customs) fillout process with USPS clerk, and everything was in order. Let us know when you get it. Fun playing you the other day.
Rich
Living on the bottom of the planet I'm quite used to sometimes mysteriously long postage times ... some arrive in a week ... others can take many weeks. It's part of the joys of living down under!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BlueMountain wrote:
richgowell wrote:
Hey Blue Mountain,
Rich
Living on the bottom of the planet I'm quite used to sometimes mysteriously long postage times ... some arrive in a week ... others can take many weeks. It's part of the joys of living down under!
It has arrived!

edit: I have now enjoyed my first game ... face to face. My opponent really enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.