Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ says "Re-worded for clarity, this card should read, “Roll once on the Villain’s Minion Chart and work out the result. If a Minion or Villain Attack result is rolled, the player who drew this card chooses any empty space on the board to place that Minion or Villain Attack.”

So when we played last night, we assumed that if the rolled minion was the attack, that it attacked the person who rolled it. The above seems to say that the attack affects an empty space?? What kind of attack is that? This doesn't make any sense to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Reubzaet
Netherlands
Landgraaf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the re-worded card text says it all, really: a minion is put on an empty space by the player drawing the card; a villain attack is executed on an empty space, therefore resulting in Investigation being placed there and the Shadow Track moving 1 space closer to darkness.

The placement of a minion could thwart another player.
The villain attack would result in Investigation to pick up.

Any other result DOES apply to the player who drew the card, unless otherwise specified by the event itself.

Keep in mind that this card is titled "These Roads Aren't Safe", so forget about attacks: there are minions showing up on the roads, or the villain attacks someone on the roads - there are more people in Shadowbrook than just the players and the Town Elders, obviously.

I hope the above clarifies the card rule-wise, gameplay-wise and flavour-wise. I dislike it when things don't seem logical flavour-wise or gameplay-wise myself, so I completely understand your concerns :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply, I guess that kind of makes sense explained like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.