Hide
7 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Marksman - re-rolling a combat check rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bry K
msg tools
For marksman do you re-roll all dice or only failed dice?

I know the researchers ability clearly specifies. So I am wondering if it is the same as the researcher or if it all dice including the successes.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You re-roll them all ~ successes and failures alike...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, remember that you re-roll any dice obtained from clues, along with those from skills and items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but it's been on my mind. If clues are spent and round one of combat does not result in the defeat of the monster, are the extra dice included in round 2?

I've never done it. I believe the extra dice are for that round and any re-rolls only, round two not constituting a re-roll.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but it's been on my mind. If clues are spent and round one of combat does not result in the defeat of the monster, are the extra dice included in round 2?

I've never done it. I believe the extra dice are for that round and any re-rolls only, round two not constituting a re-roll.

Brian

You are correct. Clues only help with the skill check they're spent on, so they don't carry over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bry K
msg tools
Seems like Marksman is a little too strong to be a skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Bryk wrote:
Seems like Marksman is a little too strong to be a skill.

Why? It is a gamble. Say you need 3 successes and you roll 2. You now have the option to spend clues to get that last success or you lose the 2 you have so far with a re-roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.