Hide
2 Posts

Vampire: The Eternal Struggle» Forums » News

Subject: North American Continental Champion for 2011 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Lasombra
msg tools
Matthew Morgan won the finals of the North American Continental Championship against 25 of the strongest players the world had to offer.

Congratulations to Matthew!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Lasombra
msg tools
North American Continental Championship Day 2
Columbus, Ohio
June 25, 2011
25 players
3R + F

Matthew Morgan's Tournament Winning Deck

Deck Name: Salmon Fishstick
Created by: Matt Morgan, based on Martin Major's deck
Description: It's rush combat with a strong master module. Master cards are the best in the game. I'd always rather have too many than too few. The name is because the final was won 2-1-1-1 and Fish and Stick lead the way while Nana stayed hidden in my crypt. Fish is only in the deck to make it count as a Guruhi deck for TWDA purposes.

Crypt [12 vampires, average capacity: 4.66667]
4x Nana Buruku ANI POT PRE 8 Guruhi:4
1x Fish ANI POT pre 5 Guruhi:4
1x Beetleman ANI obf 4 Nosferatu:4
1x Bobby Lemon ANI pro 4 Gangrel:3
1x Dolie abo ani 3 Akunanse:4
1x Stick ANI 3 Nosferatu antitribu:4
1x Mouse ani 2 Nosferatu:3
1x Zip ani 2 Ravnos:3
1x Lisa Noble ani 1 Caitiff:3

/* One might wonder why only 4 Nana when she's the star? The answer is that it's way better to have no Nana than all Nana. This deck needs a bunch of minion actions to succeed */

Library [76 cards]
Master [24]
2x Animalism
1x Archon Investigation
9x Ashur Tablets
2x Blood Doll
1x Fame
1x Giant's Blood
1x Mbare Market, Harare
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Powerbase: Luanda
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Rack, The
2x Villein
1x Wider View

/* I really liked having AI here in the final, though I wound up not playing it. Mbare Market probably isn't worth the slot. Should be a 2nd Fame, I think. Otherwise the masters worked out very well. */

Action [12]
10x Deep Song
1x Entrancement
1x Well-Marked

Equipment [1]
1x Ivory Bow

/* The Entrancement and Well-Marked didn't really earn their keep at any point, though Well-Marked is typically a free action at least. I play fewer Deep Songs than Martin's version because I'm not trying to rush with every minion with every action. I bleed for 1 a little or stay up. I want my prey to go forward. I don't want to simply squish him. Coming out of the gate too fast is a mistake. */

Event [1]
1x Dragonbound

Reaction [6]
2x Cats' Guidance
1x Delaying Tactics
1x On the Qui Vive
2x Sense the Savage Way

/* Very few reactions. Sense the Savage Way should probably go since only Nana can play them. I had multiple situations where I would have liked to block with somebody else but couldn't because of the restriction on that card. Getting to 2 intercept is nice, but it isn't worth the cost. */

Combat [32]
11x Aid from Bats
1x Canine Horde
13x Carrion Crows
3x Target Vitals
4x Taste of Vitae

/* Very consistent. Not a lot can survive repeated hits from this. Of course it's not fun to run into other ANI decks, but them's the breaks. */
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.