Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens to a defeated Dungeon Guardian?
Is it recycled somehow, or can the deck get depleated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
What happens to a defeated Dungeon Guardian?
Is it recycled somehow, or can the deck get depleated?

I use the soon universially accepted FantasyFlightGames rule: discard cards when used, if you run out, reshuffle discard to form new deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the five card decks are shuffled and recycled when exhausted, I'm sure the same thing applies to the Guardians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
romano veronese
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
There are just 30 Treasure cards.
With a limited 30 Dungeons Guardians stock
it s possible (in a long game) that after plunder 15 one dungeons Guardian you shall get just refill more 7 plundered dungeons with 2 D G : = 22
or if all players plunder 4 one dungeons Guardian it is possible restock 13 two Dungeons Guardians : = 17
So -if my maths is right - it is possible gain from 17 to 22 (instead of 30) Treasure cards-
So if you forbid to reshuffle the D G deck:
A) some treasure could not enter in a game.
B) it is more probable ( also because of some rounds could end in parity ) to win a long game just with the adversary capital conquest ("allied" need 12 treasure) ("free for all" 8).
Personally I like this interpretation-or house rule ?! because i like these consequences ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.