Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Lately a new bunch of tactical wargame series have seen the light of day. I would like to know what the BGG community think of them and how they compare to the classic game series out there.

I have chosen to include four new game series that are farily similar in scale. I have intentionally left out games of a more "grand tactical" nature such as MMPs Grand Tactical Seris and The Gamers' Tactical Combat Series.

If you think that I have left out a really great game series or if you think that some of the questions are good/bad, don't hesitate to comment.

And please, feel free to elaborate and discuss.

This poll will be posted in the forums for all four games in question. (but you only have to vote in ONE forum).

Poll
1. Of the following four game series, which one is the best simulation of tactical warfare?
Fighting Formations
Combat Commander
Conflict of Heroes
Lock n Load
2. Of the following four game series, which is the most entertaining game (regardless of realism, historical accuracy etc)
Fighting Formations
Combat Commander
Conflict of Heroes
Lock n Load
3. Which of the four game series in question have you played and what did you think of them?
  Have played it & liked it Have played it & disliked it Haven't played it, but want to Haven't played it and have no interest in doing so
Fighting Formations
Combat Commander
Conflict of Heroes
Lock n Load
4. Do you think that any of these new tactical game series has/can replace the old titans, for example Advanced Squad Leader, Panzer Blitz or the Advanced Tobruk System, both when it comes to realism and/or fun?
Yes, all the new kids on the block are better than the old ones
Yes, one or two of them can
Maybe, they sure have the potential.
No, it doesn't seem likely that they will.
No, hell no!
5. Which of the older game series have you played and what did you think of them?
  Have played it & liked it Have played it & disliked it Haven't played it, but want to Haven't played it and have no interest in doing so.
Advanced Squad Leader
Panzer Blitz
Advanced Tobruk System
Squad Leader
      330 answers
Poll created by taragalinas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.