Subject: Balancing issues rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Most scenarios in M44 tends to favor the Allied side, so u need to play twice to balance out. Would this make a more balance game? Do u play just once or twice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think you need to play the scenarios twice (switching sides of course) and keep score for it to really be balanced.

Some say the game is tilted towards the Rebs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Tilted as in playing once or twice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cowles
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the things I like least about C&C; I appreciate many historic battles were unbalanced and this is a light hand-mangement games with a wargaming theme,
but still,
I like to engage with the troops under my command and even if they're fighting an almost hopeless rear-guard action, still know that they succeeded in delaying the overwhelming assult ninja
I would really really have prefered the balance to be in the win criteria of the scenarios than in playing again from the other side, which just makes it into a card game. (hokay that's a slight exaggeration whistle ) but I guess I need to wait for the campaign book
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Nemo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not so sure about that. Except for one of my very first games, each time I've played against someone as the Union side, I've always won. Now, as much as I'd appreciate the ego boost, I have to wonder about balancing issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look that post (some lines under): http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/660323/re-balanced-scenarios

We work hard now with my friend to re-balance the non historical unbalanced scearios and it's great now!

When all the tests will be finished: we will propose on that thread a list of the rectifications (allways in number of cards)!

REMEMBER: WE LOVE ALSO THE UNBALANCED SCENARIOS BUT NOT THE UNBALANCED GOING AGAINST HISTORY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.