Ulrich Rieger
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

I enjoyed scenario 0 with a friend last night. The game played great and we enjoyed it very much. Thanks to GMT for putting out another great title!

All the rules are very clear and straightforward. Yet, there was one situation we could not quite solve:

3 Russian squads in one hex are activated for an Assault Order. First squad spends 1 MP and fires. After the shot the German player intervenes with Op Fire.

The first enemy fire suppresses (F) the currently assaulting unit, pins (M) the second Russian unit and breaks the third (M+F).

Now my questions:

1. Are any of the Russian units deactivated before the next German Op Fire can take place?

2. Can the suppressed unit continue movement if it survives all other Op Fire related to this MP expenditure?

3. Can the second Russian unit still fire as part of the Assault Order (again, if it survives all Op Fire related to the first unit's MP expenditure)? I think I read elsewhere that you can actually activate a unit with an M-hit marker for an Assault Order so as to fire it.

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

P.S. Why did you have 3 squads in the hex, instead of 1 platoon? When you activated them with the Assault order, why not muster them into a single platoon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Perhaps he just forgot David, or isn't as familiar with the rules as you are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another possibility is they aren't all the same type of unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Lee
Canada
Minden
ON
flag msg tools
badge
Another possibility is that he's hardcore, and that's just the way he rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Rieger
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Actually, the situation was like this: My three squads were adjacent to a victory hex and it was presumably the last turn.

So my wise Russian officer Dimitri decided that the first Russian squad should fire and break the enemy while the second and third squads should jump into melee to kill the fascist invaders.

Alas, it ended quite the other way: The huns were awared Crosses of Iron while my brave Bolshevik compatriots received wooden crosses.

Dimitri is now working in a mine in Siberia to help support the Kreml with ice cubes for vodka drinks...devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizbeth
United Kingdom
banbury
oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sleevan wrote:
Another possibility is that he's hardcore, and that's just the way he rolls.

This is the greatest justification to do anything in a game, especially exceptionally stupid things.

(And no, on the last turn I probably would have done something simmaler, except remember you can't assault infantry into enemy hexes, you have to use advance)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Rieger
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are so right! Only ADVANCE infantry into enemy hexes. Thanks for the hint!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you do declare an assault order with multiple units in the same hex, I reckon it makes sense to start by moving units out of the hex. Otherwise your opponent will target your entire stack with their first return fire. I'm sure there will be times when firing first will make sense, but I reckon moving first is a good rule of thumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.