Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this like God Dice on super steroids?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Heretics
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's weird, I was wondering the same thing when I saw Drakkenstrike's review but I thought it would be rude to say anything.

Can anyone comment who's had the chance to play both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a link for the lazy: God Dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Foldenauer
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having only played a demo game of quarriors, and not God Dice, I am probably not the best person to answer this, but I might as well give it a go. I read the blurb on God Dice as well as a couple of reviews and my thought is that God Dice is to Quarriors as Magic the Gathering is to Dominion. There are similar things going on, but deck building during play is an important difference. In the demo game I played, it felt like which dice you purchased was the most impactful decision. Your resource when you roll the dice is used for generating beasts and making purchases. This is the central tactical decision in the game. Do you buy something better for a later turn, or do you bring a beast into play right away (either to prevent someone else from scoring glory points, or because you feel your beast can survive for the next turn)? Since you are obligated to attack all players with all beasts you bring out, the attacking is more of an upkeep chore than a tactical moment, as the decision was made when you chose to spend resources (quiddity) to bring the beast(s) into play rather than reserving the resources to get a higher costing die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
God Dice, for better or worse, is just Yahtzee with a different theme.

So, no, not at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
God Dice, for better or worse, is just Yahtzee with a different theme.

So, no, not at all.
That is what I thought God Dice is just a fun filler. Looking forward to Quarriors
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Montoya
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
PLAY MORE BOARDGAMES!
badge
“I am too old to die young, and too young to grow up.” ― Marty Feldman
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also feeling some "Throwing Stones" here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cunkelman
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading about Quarriors! reminded me of Dragon Dice.

Dragon Dice is a great game in its own right and I highly recommend anyone that likes dice, monsters, casting spells and destroying your opponent give it a go.

I think Dragon Dice could be modified to work in a similar fashion of Quarrior's design if the "deck building" mechanic is your thing.

Regardless, I am looking forward to this game and hope the online retailers can fill all the pre-orders they are going to get.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.