BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Bugs

Subject: BGG firewalled again. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Came in this morning and my work firewall (WebSense Enterprise) has boardgamegeek.com and bgg.cc firewalled under Category 'Games'. It has had geekdo.com firealled for awhile. Very much a bummer. Thought you guys might want to know in case you feel like trying to get it moved back to Hobby or whatever you do to keep it unfirewalled.

(Luckily, I was able to track down the straight IP using some Google magic -- http://72.233.16.130 )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've run into the same problem though I don't know if its Websense here or not. It worked fine for the past year until this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie mentioned in a thread yesterday that he have contacted them, but I don't remember the thread so I can't link it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lallatin
United States
John Day
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the same problem with 'iboss'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
virre wrote:
Aldie mentioned in a thread yesterday that he have contacted them, but I don't remember the thread so I can't link it.

Twice:
Re: Work just blocked BGG
Re: No longer able to view BGG at work - a sad little story
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how many people BGG loses due to these infernal blocking things at work. I've been restricted from BGG at work for a couple of months now (the direct IP address gets blocked just like any other version of the url).

As a result, I spend my BGG time concentrated in the late evening and that's it. I feel it makes me less likely to come to BGG because now it seems more like a "chore" than something I enjoy doing.

Anyone else get that feeling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
I feel it makes me less likely to come to BGG because now it seems more like a "chore" than something I enjoy doing.

Anyone else get that feeling?

It's not so much that it's a chore, it's that I am in front of a computer (with internet access) for 8 hrs a day. When I come home I don't really spend any more time at the computer. So, I do mostly all of my internetting from work--BGG surfing, Amazon ordering, etc.

I used to be a lot more into video games than I am now. Some of that is that I've grown out of it (or more aptly, it's gotten stale and M rated), but I think it also has a good deal to do with the fact that pretty much all video game sites are blocked at work so I don't keep up with it anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.