7 Posts

Android» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Uncovering a piece of conspiracy" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gábor Koszper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love your input, so here is another question of mine. I was reading the twilight cards and I have a bit of dilemma. There is a condition for playing some twilight cards, which reads: "while uncovering a piece of conspiracy."

If I understand it in the natural language, that means that someone turns a puzzle piece face up.

But in the rulesbook it says "uncovering conspiracy" (without the word "piece") can mean either "reveal information" (turning a puzzle piece face up) or "digging deeper."

If the cards wouldn't say "a piece of", I would understand as it is "uncovering conspiracy", which can mean both. But as the word "a piece of" is added, it can hardly mean digging deeper in the natural English language.

So does "digging deeper" (as the action) qualify as "uncovering a piece of conspiracy" (as the condition of a twilight card) or not?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: "Uncovering a piece of evidence"
Evidence has nothing to do with the conspiracy. Evidence tokens are the tokens which are placed on the suspect sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note also that "following up a lead" applies whether you're uncovering a piece of evidence, "digging deeper", or placing a conspiracy puzzle piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gábor Koszper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I meant 'conspiracy', as there is no such thing as 'uncovering evidence'. I edit the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
algi wrote:
there is no such thing as 'uncovering evidence'.

Well, sure there is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But back to your original question, I would think that "uncovering a piece of the conspiracy" is synonymous with "revealing information" and does not include "digging deeper".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gábor Koszper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are right. I looked over the twilight cards, and one of them makes it unambigous, because it can't be comprehended when digging deeper: "uncover another piece of conspiracy of the same type".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.