Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Kline

Norristown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hey folks

I'm just starting to paint my models. Going to be using the base primer color as the main color on my walkers with a lighter color for a camo pattern, but I'd like to do some touching up.. does anyone know what colors match the primers they used on the models? I guess from Valejo? Or, a close enough match that you won't see a difference after it's all done? I plan to coat the whole thing with GW Badab Back wash and then use powders for weathering at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kline

Norristown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Cool thanks. Figures, that's one of the few I don't have but I'll pick it up. I just figured Valejo has a lot more colors geared toward all kinds of different wars and uniforms and stuff so they must have something that's a close match. I was sticking with the base colors mostly just so I can keep the decals that are already on the models instead of painting over them and having to add new ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Catachan Green for my Allies troops, and mix my own grey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kline

Norristown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
designer
mbmb
thanks for the pic i think for the US I'll try a mix of Catchatan and Gnarloc green, I'd mostly just be using it for touch ups anyway.

Are the plastics green and gray also? I did some filing on some flash last night and it doesn't look like the paint really wore off much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Is there any match that is closer to the base primer color of the USA than Catachan green? I really need to know, as I sprayed my Pounder with a layer of Krylon Matte Finish, so if I made any mistakes when painting I could wipe them off, but the Matte Finish* "frosted" up wherever I sprayed it, even after I had shaken the can thoroughly. So, now I really need a close match, as I will be going over BIG portions of the model, and any small discrepancies will really stick out.

Thanks!

*Not buying that stuff again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kline

Norristown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
designer
mbmb
I'm using Gnarloc Green now for my primer match color.. it's not exact, but it's close enough. I wash the armor spots with badab black and once it's washed you really can't tell the difference. It's also a foundation color, so it's goes on really good with a nice even coat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am using Vallejo "Model Color" 70892 - Yellow-olive it is a near spot on match.

-Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.