Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Cepeda
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my car got broken into last night. (Well, I suppose "broken" isn't the right word, apparently my dumb a** forgot to lock it...) They sauntered off with my iPod, my fiancee's iPod, and ... my entire collection of WoW minis. Tragic.

I had a bunch of games in the trunk: Ingenious, Pandemic, Innovation, Zombie Dice, Battle for Hill 218, and a few others. I'm just glad they weren't gaming fanatics...

Of course, the iPods were barely any skin off my nose. Both were old, and my fiancee had just given me a shiny new one for my birthday, so that was nice. I'll miss the old music, but it's not like I can't just find it again. I love the fact that I miss my WoW minis more than my iPods. (I'd just traded for them not even a month ago... or maybe a month ago.)

The moral of the story: don't leave your car unlocked. And take all your games in with you if you do.

Thanks for listening to me!
~Daniel

P.S. I only post this because it's the first time I've ever been the victim of a thief. I felt like I wanted to tell someone... (and my phone isn't as close at hand as BGG!!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
If that is your first experience with thievery you are lucky. I have to deal with break-ins and other misdemeanors about once a year. Just yesterday someone tried to break in my house by climbing a rain pipe to the upper floors. The rain pipe was old and it broke off. I really hope the culprit hurt himself, but I saw no blood. Still had to pay big for replacing the pipe though. Last year, my hedge was burned down - twice! The year before, someone climbed the rain pipe at the back of the house and bashed in a window. Luckily I was home and could scare the dickhead away. And to know that I am supposed to live in a fairly safe neighborhood...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cepeda
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! That's bizarre. I would count myself lucky. Especially when I consider that I live in an apartment complex in a college town. Everyone's looking for a quick buck out here!

You sure you don't have a big bullseye on your house or something? :-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
iidhaegn wrote:
I'll miss the old music, but it's not like I can't just find it again.

Isn't it backed up on your PC?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cepeda
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chanfan wrote:
Isn't it backed up on your PC?

For the most part it is. There's just like two albums I can think of that I haven't transferred yet. (It's the ones I CAN'T think of that I'm worried about...)

Edit: But then again, if I can't think of them I probably won't miss them, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
iidhaegn wrote:
Wow! That's bizarre. I would count myself lucky. Especially when I consider that I live in an apartment complex in a college town. Everyone's looking for a quick buck out here!

Maybe you should start posting in the local papers for someone to play WOW with, maybe you'll catch him. College boys ain't too bright.

oh and flyboy, buy cheap aluminum pipes so they can't support thieves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
If that is your first experience with thievery you are lucky. I have to deal with break-ins and other misdemeanors about once a year. Just yesterday someone tried to break in my house by climbing a rain pipe to the upper floors. The rain pipe was old and it broke off. I really hope the culprit hurt himself, but I saw no blood. Still had to pay big for replacing the pipe though. Last year, my hedge was burned down - twice! The year before, someone climbed the rain pipe at the back of the house and bashed in a window. Luckily I was home and could scare the dickhead away. And to know that I am supposed to live in a fairly safe neighborhood...

I'd bet good money that it's kids (teenagers) who live in your neighborhood that are doing the breaking in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chony McChuukface
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iidhaegn wrote:
Especially when I consider that I live in an apartment complex in a college town. Everyone's looking for a quick buck out here!

I said to myself, "Self, I wonder of he lives in Tempe?"

Had to laugh when I checked your flag and saw that you did. I lived in an apartment on Broadway Rd. and Mill Ave. for 5.5 years and had my truck messed with a number of times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
iidhaegn wrote:

No, there are just periods in the year (usually early Summer) when a lot of temp workers from foreign countries arrive. A lot of these people do good work, but it seems they bring their cousins in their wake, who rampage through all the suburbs, steal what they can lay their hands on, and disappear again. The police warned me that they bring acrobats, who are able to enter a house through a tiny window in the roof if you leave it open. They actually know who these people are, they just have trouble catching them before they take off again. Ah, well, my house is safe enough. I have never had someone inside yet, apart from the guy who I scared off after he set one foot through the window.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Not to belabor the 'poignant point', yet, you HAVE "John Kyl" as Senator for there, so you ought to then "B" well acclimated with "thiefs", just NOT: 'thiefsies dwarfs' zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.