Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See subject - basically wondering if you can choose to "skip" questing to concentrate on the enemies you are engaged with, or if it essentially gives you a quest value of 0, thus increasing your threat level by the sum of the threat levels present in the staging area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you commit no one to questing you have a willpower of 0 and will take the full hit of the threat in the staging area
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, best not to do that unless there is nothing in the staging area at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Appreciate the quick responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingólfur Valsson
Iceland
Sauðárkrókur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And you still draw the extra Encounter cards equal to your player number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, just got the game, read the rules, and totally didn't get this, I thought you could "skip" it. So, using the tactics heroes, basically there is no way to quest successfully in the first turn of the first scenario, right? You can at most go even if you draw an event committing all three of them, if now I got this right (and then put two damages on a hero from the forest spider with no defenders available).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No_Frets wrote:
Ah, just got the game, read the rules, and totally didn't get this, I thought you could "skip" it. So, using the tactics heroes, basically there is no way to quest successfully in the first turn of the first scenario, right? You can at most go even if you draw an event committing all three of them, if now I got this right (and then put two damages on a hero from the forest spider with no defenders available).

You can't "skip" the quest phase.

First of all, Tactics is the worst sphere to play the standard deck solo with. For all their attacking power, they don't have the willpower of Spirit, resource gaining of Leadership or the wound removing and encounter deck manipulation of Lore. Tactics is the only sphere that I didn't get through the first scenario with playing solo with the standard deck.

Now what you could do is give those 2 wounds to Gimli since he gets + attack for each wound marker on his card. Thereafter, you travel to Old Forest Road to lose that threat for threat for the next round and you will be engaged to the Forest Spider for the next round and that threat is gone, thus you will only have the one Encounter card coming out the next quest phase and that threat is more manageable for you to commit maybe only one hero to so you can kill the Spider. You always will want Legolas to participate in attacks since his power allows you to add progress tokens to the quest. As you get resources, you can use them to get some Allies out there too to help in either questing or taking damage for you.

Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the insightful response!

Yeah, I kinda got that the tactics deck is the worst to solo reading here and there, but I'm trying to avoid major "spoilers" at least for the first games, and see how it goes. I just didn't except such a rough start... shake

It was a quick test run though, not a complete game, so hopefully I'll do everything right the first real game... (not a chance, eh?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.