Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Played my second game of merchants and marauders tonight but a conflict (friendly one at that)came up over the the timing of this card.

I was about to move out of the sea zone of Trinadad (special ability can't be scouted for), and it was announced my oponenet was to play this card. In the rules it states that you can play a card but mustreveal when it takes place. So from the card you then lose an action and pay 5 gold to move a npc ship. As soon I moved from Trinadad he payed the 5 gold and moved the spanish frigate into my zone.

Thus resulting in a scouting check, long story short I was sunk, and got frustrated (second time i'd been sunk)as it doesn't say on the card about when you lose the action and the 5 gold

So either

1. You play at the start of your opponents turn before he acts
Or
2. Must be played during your own turn, thus only giving you 2 actions and paying 5 gold

Would appreciate clarification before the next game.

Also if any other glory card does not state when it should be played, I assume it must be in your own turn?

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the card states "as an action", then your friend should have played this card, only on his turn, and only after the Event Card has been revealed and played (in case he is the first player)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The card (as I remember it) should have been played on his turn. All cards are played on a player's own turn unless the card specifically says otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Christian, good to know for next time. Still enjoyed the game but it did cost me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.