Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious if there would be enough interest to get a group together for a small game event in the Shenadoah Valley in Virginia (Staunton, Harisonburg, Winchester area?). Thinking of a very inexpensive day or two event where small (and larger) designers could bring in their games for some playtesting as well as a few open discussions on game design, issues, and ways to get more people back to the table. And of course we'd try to get a few shops or dealers in if possible.

Just seeing a base interests at the moment, would probably be in the fall or winter (as getting conference rooms and hotel rools are usually less expensive).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Emery
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You might try hooking up w/the folks that run Madicon/Shevacon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
word_virus wrote:
You might try hooking up w/the folks that run Madicon/Shevacon.

Those are pretty much just fantasy and science fiction. Although may be a good time to hold something to bring extra folks in who are already here for that. This would be geared more towards the table game designers as a place for more playtesting and game design discussions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Escape Pod Games
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Gunship: First Strike Coming Soon to your Gaming Table!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be in. I have a game in playtest and can probably scrape up a couple other guys...

We are in Prince William County near Manassas

-Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Emery
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MistValley wrote:
Those are pretty much just fantasy and science fiction.

True. Lotta gaming at both, though.

Quote:
Although may be a good time to hold something to bring extra folks in who are already here for that. This would be geared more towards the table game designers as a place for more playtesting and game design discussions.

Another reason to I thought it might be practical to get in under their Aegis, maybe. They handle the logistical stuff, you get a built-in audience of potential playtesters/feedback.

Anyway, just my .02 cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.