Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Hinerman
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased Zandvoort #2 because I already owned Zandvoort #1, and wanted the combo track for the finally of our season. I figured I'd give it a go just to see how the two tracks meshed, because after playing each individually, I found they they are very different. Z#1 is a pretty technical track, that uses a lot of low speed 2 turn corners, while Z#2 is all about rolling the big 6th-gear die.

Now a friend of mine and I raced two cars for one lap with both tracks combined, using the one lap stats... WOW. Talk about eating some points! Both of us were left with virtually nothing at the end of the race. One car was actually eliminated on the 2nd to last corner because he overshot by two spaces and only had spin-outs left. There were several times that I rolled a die knowing that if I got over a certain number the race would be over for one of my cars as well. While this may seem like normal fare, I usually finish races with at least 80% of my points, unless it's a 3 lap race. So I'm concerned about some of the other people we play with that burn through points like they are going out of style.

Does anyone use any kind of point adjustments for this track? Essentially you are racing two laps for every one, so how would doing the 2 lap cars for one lap and the 3 lap cars for 2 sound? I've read somewhere that people usually limit it to two laps in league play, simply because it is soooooo long. I understand this and think it may be what we do as well.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Andreassen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Our league in Dallas - De Trippers in Dallas - which usually runs 3 lap races - does the following modifications for "The Big One" - a) 2 laps instead of 3. b) 24 wear points instead of 20 & c) 4 wrenches instead of 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kjær
Denmark
Malling
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We had a thread about this a few months ago here
Perhaps you can find some inspiration there as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hinerman
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
taalmod wrote:
We had a thread about this a few months ago here
Perhaps you can find some inspiration there as well.

Thanks for the link, it was an interesting resource. However, I don't think we'll have both pits open, try and make it a bit more of an endurance race.

HNormansSon wrote:
Our league in Dallas - De Trippers in Dallas - which usually runs 3 lap races - does the following modifications for "The Big One" - a) 2 laps instead of 3. b) 24 wear points instead of 20 & c) 4 wrenches instead of 2.

I think that is a solid suggestion. I'll get a vote from the other racers and see what they think - I'm sure none of them would mind a little extra help!

Thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RicharDISNEY
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We let all of the stats ride.
No changes.
Makes for a much more 'thinking' track and less "lets hope the dice roll in my favor" track.
*beer*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.