S H
United States
Merrillville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
July 1
Next: July 29 (due to GenCon being Aug 5, plus 5 Fridays in July!)

July 1st we have Hooters providing boneless wings by the hundreds (thanks Josh & Mrs Josh)!
We'll also open the indoor soccer fields for those who want a little fitness time with their boardgaming!

Bean bags, boardgames, food (Concessions will be open $), cardgames, a Subbuteo table soccer tournament, and the usual fun folks from NW Indiana & environs to teach and play games with!
Come join us!

Where: Hallmark Sports Club II
8328 Colorado St, Merrillville, IN 46410
(just east of I-65 & 1 block south of US 30)

Friday July 1 5:00-11:30pm
Free Admission

(The diehards also meet every Monday, 6-10pm, same place. Newcomers always welcome! Exception: Monday July 4th, of course)

We are on facebook at "NW Indiana Boardgamers Association" and have a Guild here at BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Northwest Indiana Board Game Association
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Merrillville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great event tonight everyone! Thanks to all for coming, and an extra "Hoody Hoo!" to some for providing games and food (Hooters wings, homemade pasta salad, cupcakes, and veggie tray!). 24 gamers gathered and played from 5:00 to 1:15am!
Games that got action tonight (deep breath): Are You A Werewolf?, Bean Bags, Blokus, Bootleggers, Castle Panic, Castle Ravenloft, Chaos In The Old World, Dakota, Dry Gulch Junction, Munchkin, Puzzle Strike, Saboteur, Shadow Hunters, Shootin' Ladders, Space Beans, Starfarers of Cataan, Stratego, Subbuteo, Summoner Wars, Survive: Escape from Atlantis, Tempus, Trans America, plus some pick-up soccer & ultimate frisbee. (whew)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again I had a great time and my nephew really loved it. Thanks again Scott for hosting and thanks to those that provided food even though I didn't have any due to a big dinner before leaving home, but it was awesome of you guys to bring stuff for others to enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Merrillville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Open invite to all BGGers on the forums who may (or may not) be in our vicinity! Our next monthly Meet-Up Night is this Friday, July 29, 5:30-11:30pm in Merrillville, IN. We're right off of I-65 & US 30. Come join us! Our last Monthly Meet-Up drew 30 people! We have alot of room and alot of games!

Geekmail me for address/directions, etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Adams
United States
Portage
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! I am a former assistant organizer of two meetup.com boardgame groups. One in Phoenix, AZ and the other in Las Vegas, NV! I am tooo excited to see others out here in NW Indiana that play games and have a group going! I couldnt find any groups on meetup.com that were here in NW Indiana.

I just recently moved to NW Indiana back at the end of June and my gf and I are still waiting on our house we bought to close. So once we get into our house and finally get settled I would love to come to a game night. I had been planning on forming my own group off of meetup.com but if I don't have to do that and spend the money of which I dont really have right now then I wont.. at least till I get the money!

anyways, I would love more info on this group and where and when you play and what games you play. you can see my profile here to see what games I play. I play a wide variety of games. I know my way around boardgames and card games so to speak. You can also find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/tyadams2006.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyler, welcome to NW Indiana

Here is a link to our guild page where you can find some of the current members as well as a way to "browse" the list of games that are available. We play quite a variety of games and are constantly getting to experience playing ones several of us haven't played before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
slipknot9 wrote:
anyways, I would love more info on this group and where and when you play and what games you play. you can see my profile here to see what games I play. I play a wide variety of games. I know my way around boardgames and card games so to speak. You can also find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/tyadams2006.

Welcome to the region.

Greg already pointed you to the Guild page we set up here, and from there, you can find our FaceBook page.

Scott (BossTrojan) founded the group just a few short months ago, but we have been playing practically weekly since then so have a great group of gamers. We meet at the Hallmark II Soccer facility in Merrillville. It is off US 30 about 5 minutes east of I-65.

Our weekly meetings are on Mondays from 6-10p. They are usually a bit more laid back and a smaller group. But what started with 3 meeting has grown to 14 as of this past Monday - and even with that - most of our regular group was out still recovering from GenCon.

Monthly meet-ups are the first Friday of the month and consistently have over 20. We tend to focus more on gateway games and inviting non-gamers into the group.

We focus on Euros and quick Ameritrash. But we have a variety of those games. Sometimes we get 3 to 5 games in a game night, sometimes we focus on more epic things and get 1 game in for an extended session. The group has pretty varied tastes and so RPG's are played outside our normal meet-ups as well as miniature wargaming as well. Not to sound cliche, but there is something for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Merrillville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. What they said. ^
Greetings and Felicitations, Tyler. Welcome to our cult...er...group/guild!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Adams
United States
Portage
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the welcomes and the info. one of these weeks I will have to try and come out to a game night. I would like to try and set one up here in Portage so as to be closer to me but that probably wont be for awhile and if I end up getting a job then it may change even more so. But I definitely would love to come to a game night. Im pretty much open to anything cept I don't play miniatures or Magic or the like. I just stick to board games and card games. as I mentioned my profile has all the games I own and ones I have played and want and games I want to play that I may or may not have played before.

Just curious? Does anyone in this group play a game called Tichu? I have been trying to learn it and play it with my former game groups but no one had played it or even wanted to play it. Its supposed to be a really addicting trick taking card game.

Again, thanks for the welcomes and info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
slipknot9 wrote:
Just curious? Does anyone in this group play a game called Tichu? I have been trying to learn it and play it with my former game groups but no one had played it or even wanted to play it. Its supposed to be a really addicting trick taking card game.

Yes, my wife and I play. Eric (NotGump) is also a Tichu player. However, this is NOT a trick-taking game. It is a ladder game. But an awesome game nonetheless. For 3 players, check out Haggis.

If you want Trick-tacking games, we also have bargain Hunter, Mu, and good ol' fashioned Euchre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.