I live in Israel and the following games that I want to get that I cannot get here are
Mansions of Madness
believe me I don't have all the money in the world to buy all of these so I need help to eliminate. I can get these games from amazon, but I don't want to spend on international charges and customs. Therefore, a friend of mine is willing to buy these games for me within a budget (the most he can spend is between $70-80) and take it with him when he comes to visit Israel under one condition - if the box of the game is small and light enough to put in a luggage or carry it on a plane
now I am the kind of guy that likes to play boargames solo. and I have been on every one of these games forums asking if I can play solo. to some degree, some people say yes you can for certain games like
while other people says no you can't to
Mansions of Madness
because of logical reasons unless there are solo rules that some people have found.
Okay so what I have found out in Mansions of Madness, you cannot play as the keeper and the invesigator at the same time Therefore I can eliminate this game as a choice to buy, but however, someone send me a PDF file on solo rules and it made it easier for me and it cost $56.95 on amazon.
ER - is something that I like because it was made by the same guy who made Dungeon Twister, and I saw a video about him talking about this game and he made it sound good, so I will buy this for $71.25 (Expensive) the box looks kind of big...right?
Then comes runebound and I saw a video describing this game and it came from FFG (and I love their games) and I especially like this game for its fantasy setting and I will get this brand new for $33.86. now it's getting tempting
Arkham horror is something I may be interested in. I like the monsters and the gates to other worlds, but if its nothing special, then I can put it aside and eliminate, the cost for this game is 46.55 on amazon
Overall, I'm deffently going to ask him for Dugeonquest because I like that kind of tile placing and discovering dangers throughout the dungon and it's only $36.63
Now this is were the dilemma comes in
1) my friend can spend up to $70-$80
2) I can only get up to two games
3) it has to fit in his luggage or light to carry onboard a plane
4) the games should be solo compattible
Does anyone has a suggestion which two games to buy? I would say my original choice was Dungeonquest and earth Reborn...but to make it easier, I should decide on Dungeonquest and Runebound.
P.S; I originally lived in Miami, FL. this madness would have been solved in a second if I had never moved to Israel
I take a long time to type replies usually so I'll keep this short and leave it to others to make better recommendations.
1) Use Amazon to check out the dimensions incl weight. A number of those games come in really big boxes and something AH is particularly heavy due to lots of cardboard and paper.
2) $71.25 for ER? That is the only madness I see in your post. Assuming you're talking US dollars that's about $20 more than you need to pay. I wouldn't normally do something like this but may I suggest you click here. This is a company I haven't used but plan to since their international postage estimate is substantially less than a number of other companies I have used in the past, enough that I could get an extra decent game for the difference.
- Last edited Fri Jul 1, 2011 4:08 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Fri Jul 1, 2011 4:00 pm