badge
mbmbmbmbmb
July 16th, 2011
Sci-Fi City, Orlando
(www.sci-fi-city.com/orlando.htm )
6006 E Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32807
407-282-2292

A three-round tournament starting at 11 am (registration begins at 10 am), featuring battles that happened in July 1861 - including one as yet unpublished scenario by the game's designer, Richard Borg. Each participant will be assigned to command either the Union or the Confederate forces, and will face off against three different opposition commanders. The best commander from each side will face off against his counterpart in a final round for fortune and glory (and tournament prizes...)

There will also be demo games (using Richard's own playtest models) throughout the day and an opportunity to play in a massive multiplayer game after the tournament.

Free to enter! All participants get a raffle ticket for a prize drawing at the end of the day. Bring a complete copy of the game for use in the tournament and get a second raffle ticket. (Plus you can get your copy signed by Richard!) Bring painted miniatures and get a third raffle ticket!

If you've never played Battle Cry before, you're also welcome to stop by for a free demo of the game (learn from the designer!) or just to meet the man, the myth, the legend - Richard Borg!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to be there, but the price on air fare from SFO to Orlando is a bit prohibitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I do HOPE that Pete Belli there, shall "trot out" his 'bits', and *BEDAZZLE* `em with such! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The price from SAN ain't any better than SFO... have fun, y'all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrrrgh!

Witch one of my ancestors didn't jump on a boat and migrate to America?
(I hate him)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Merighi
Argentina
Mar del Plata
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GGleize wrote:
Arrrrgh!

Wich one of my ancestors didn't jump on a boat and migrate to America?
(I hate him)

My great grandfather took a boat from Italy, but seems the wrong boat. He arrived to South America!!! Jo Jo!!!thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I lived in orlando . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To Pablo:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivano Rosa
Italy
Ferentino
Frosinone
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hope Mr.Borg and AH will release this scenario as pdf with other official scenarios for original BC (Savage Station, Glorieta,....)

or i hope to found then in Epic BC..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday! I wish I could be there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conrad Brunner

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like it was a lot of fun but I really, really wish there was some Battle Cry presence at GenCon next month. It's a perfect time to try to really get the game rolling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Riley
United States
Wellington
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I played in the Battle Cry tournament on Saturday. All of the participants had a great time. One table was set up to play each scenario using Richard's beautiful 28mm Civil War miniatures while the rest of the tables used the board game. In addition to several published scenarios, we also got to try an interesting new one. The games were fun and the players were a great group of guys.

Richard Borg and Sci-Fi City were excellent hosts and I look forward to more events like this in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw, c'mon. All that cool BattleCry action and new scenario introduction—and no word about any future expansions or releases for the game??? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its been a few years, but, out of curiosity, what was the new scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.