Madeira Park
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
I have no willpower :)
badge
(.ㅅ.) The meaning of life is tuna >'.'<
mbmbmbmbmb
Today was relatively nice today, there was actually some sun peeking out (I think summer is going to miss us this year) so I thought I'd take Sunshine (aka: Blobzilla) for a walk. Mind you he is rather portly & old but last year he enjoyed his walks immensely. This year every time I take him out he just does his business & then wants back in again. Today I put my foot down & took him on one of his favorite routes. We live on the side of a mountain in a very rural area so we have a safety yard for our cats to keep them safe from the coyotes, cougars, eagles, ect. which of course limits their stimulation.

So we head up to branch in the driveway & I start heading up towards my husbands shop. Sunshine took one look sat on his but & wouldn't move for 5 mins. I kept walking a tiny bit coaching until finally he caved in & started following me, protesting all the way. Finally we get up to the shop & I through to the back door. Again Sunshine wouldn't do it, this time it took me about 3 minutes to get him to step through. Next the walk along the bluff along a skidder path, him meowing & protesting all the way. Finally it was time to turn onto the bear path to go to the upper opening then follow the path back down to the house. This is where his survival insticts kicked in, no more meowing, total silence, he knows what's out there.

He was very nervous as I haven't taken him out since last fall. There's a spot about half way along the bear path where there's an eagle skeleton which he usually like to rest at & of course spray but not today. I'll give him a few days to rest then see if he'll be more enthusiastic for his walks. I wish I could take my other cats out but Sunshine is the only one that will just follow, the others I'd have to leash, in the woods not a good idea.

This is Sunshine & also a photo of the bluff beside my driveway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.