Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario OB1 (not Kenobi)"Riding the Coattails" has SSR 2. "All Polish Elite and 1st Line squads have Assault Fire (A7.36)." The only problem is there are no Elite Polish squads in the OB, just 1st line squads. Am I missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ma Hongkui
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's to cover the possibility of a 1st line unit battle hardening into an elite unit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. Tracy
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I believe Stephen is correct - the SSR ensures the Poles don't lose their Assault Fire capability if they Battle Harden. Presumably they *do* drop their BARs if they ELR, though.

JR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
jrtracy wrote:

I believe Stephen is correct - the SSR ensures the Poles don't lose their Assault Fire capability if they Battle Harden. Presumably they *do* drop their BARs if they ELR, though.

JR

After ELR failure, there's no way you can talk the guy with the BAR into doing anything. As soon as you turn your back, he'll be drunk out of skull on looted booze.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrtracy wrote:

JR

Hmm. It seems unnecessary to stipulate that a unit's advantage by SSR is maintained if they Battle Harden. It would have been so easy to clearly express, "All Polish 1st line units (and Elite units from possible BH) ... " I wonder if there is an error in the OB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
msg tools
edelrio wrote:

Hmm. It seems unnecessary to stipulate that a unit's advantage by SSR is maintained if they Battle Harden. It would have been so easy to clearly express, "All Polish 1st line units (and Elite units from possible BH) ... " I wonder if there is an error in the OB.

No, it is neccesary. ASL players, myself included, read the rules with quite a bit of detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roundhill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
edelrio wrote:
jrtracy wrote:

JR

Long time ASL players read rules and SSRs very literally. If it says first-line, then only first-line and not elite would have assault fire.

There was an argument over victory conditions worded 'X or Y'. Some people read this as 'X or Y, but not both', others read as 'X and/or Y'. Just an example of how literal things are read in ASL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.