Subject: Size of Quarriors dice vs Dragon Dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Can anybody with both games feedback on their comparative sizes (and weight)?

It suddenly struck me how cool it would be if Dragon Dice could be used with custom cards for Quarriors. Since info can be put on the card, it would be quite simple to state what the differing die faces mean. Eg. 1 axe = 1 quiddity, 2 axe = 2 quiddity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same folder, very near the top: Dice Size. It says there that the Quarriors dice are 14mm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Couldn't find any similar info on the Dragon Dice forums though. Would be great if someone with both could feedback on how similar or disimilar they are when held in hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zubbus O'Really
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember anything about Dragon Dice, it is that Dragon Dice come in a huge variety of sizes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct but amongst them is a lot of D6 dice as well, as evidenced in the 2nd image above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
You are correct but amongst them is a lot of D6 dice as well, as evidenced in the 2nd image above.

Well, yeah, but there are multiple sizes of D6 in Dragon Dice as well, based on 1/2/3 hp creature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see. I have a bag of it at my parent's place but my memory of it has faded much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The smallest Dragon Dice (the commons) are 15mm in size.
So I think your idea could work: I doubt anyone could distinguish between Dragon Dice and Quarriors dice inside the bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
It suddenly struck me how cool it would be if Dragon Dice could be used with custom cards for Quarriors. Since info can be put on the card, it would be quite simple to state what the differing die faces mean. Eg. 1 axe = 1 quiddity, 2 axe = 2 quiddity.

Yeah, I'd considered a similar project. I have a bunch of dice with varying numbers of pips on them (ranging from 1 to 6) and could easily construct modified cards to accommodate them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cunkelman
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
Can anybody with both games feedback on their comparative sizes (and weight)?

I have a massive collection of Dragon Dice, so I can confirm all the sizes when I get home, but someone already mentioned that the smallest ones are 15mm. I can measure the weight/mass for you if you are interested.

I agree whole-heartedly with your assessment of using Dragon Dice alone, or perhaps WITH Quarriors. Easiest way to customize the game a step further, instantly. But this is a bit silly as I haven't even seen/touched/played with Quarriors as is/out of the box yet. The card mechanism to determine the value/property of the dice also eliminates the need to learn a lot of iconography to be able to play... Very slick indeed Wizkids, nice play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.