Subject: Starship clix base question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received the game last night and played a solo game to learn it. The only real question I have that I haven't found an answer for concerns the "Number of Clix" value on the ships bases as shown on page 20. The rules all seem to state that if you hit you do 1 clix of damage. And, if you the Klingons do a Critical hit they do 2 damage while if the Enterprise does "Full Power to Phasers" it is 1 clix and move both ships to the right.

So, does that "Number of Clix" just represent the same thing as the rules are stating or does it mean anything else? I haven't looked at the entire dial for the ships but I think the Klingons have a 2 at one point and I wasn't sure if that meant it did 2 total for Critical Hit or did 3 (1 for normal damage and 2 for the Critical Hit).

If I missed this in the rules please tell me where to read. Thanks.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Kinsella
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeldavidcox wrote:
So, does that "Number of Clix" just represent the same thing as the rules are stating or does it mean anything else? I haven't looked at the entire dial for the ships but I think the Klingons have a 2 at one point and I wasn't sure if that meant it did 2 total for Critical Hit or did 3 (1 for normal damage and 2 for the Critical Hit).

Michael

Hi Michael - glad you gave the game a try, look forward to hearing what you think of it.

The small red number (which is what I believe you are referring to - I don't have the rulebook handy) is there for tracking where you are on the dial only. It does not modify any rules.

- Bryan Kinsella
WizKids

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And that number is really "f'n" small! yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The numbers on the dials are small, and the pieces can be far away. You have to pick up the figures to read them. I hate that. I'm going to make tracking cards with the stats so you can ignore the dials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aguynamedbry wrote:
Hi Michael - glad you gave the game a try, look forward to hearing what you think of it.
Bryan, I played it with Richard last night and we tried it on the admiral level. Let us just say there were planetary disasters! We enjoyed it quite a bit despite the humiliating loss. Our group's game day is today so I plan to pull it out for a 4-player game. We may try it on the Captain level...

Quote:
The small red number (which is what I believe you are referring to - I don't have the rulebook handy) is there for tracking where you are on the dial only. It does not modify any rules.
Ahh, OK, I am not used to clix giving you that information. Very handy for knowing when your ship is about to be blown up (last night the Enterprise was 2 clicks away).

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.