Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this for the first time last night with my girlfriend and I was very impressed. I don't remember the last time I was this impressed by a $6 game. It is simple to teach, quick to play, and has enough depth to make it interesting.

I understand the production decision to minimize components, but one thing that would have been nice is some way of tracking the number of rounds in the skirmish. In other words, even in a 2-player game, the Recruiting Pile has often gone quickly and then we're sitting there trying to remember, is it round 4 or round 5.

Our solution is to put together a card with a 1/2/3/4 in each corner and a 5 on the back. Then we'll rotate it to keep track of the rounds by rotating it.

Great game and I can't wait to play it again tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each round you turn up one of the recruiting cards. That's what tracks which round it is. Note the special rule at the top of page 2:

"If you have the Victor's Initiative card, then you must turn one face-down card in the recruit pile face-up before you take your action on your turn each round."

Each round you'll have one more face up card to count the number of rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to replace the card taken from the recruits. If it was a face up card, you'll place the replacement card face up, if it was face down, you place it face down. When all cards are face up, that's the last round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jkayati wrote:
Don't forget to replace the card taken from the recruits. If it was a face up card, you'll place the replacement card face up, if it was face down, you place it face down. When all cards are face up, that's the last round.

Ooh, I missed that. I thought when the 5 cards were gone that was it. That definitely changes things.

Thanks so much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.