Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Email #1: 9:00 a.m.
To: Everyone
Subject: Boy Scouts March

This coming Tuesday, the Boy Scouts have asked to come to our offices to do a patriotic march for us. Please be in the lobby at 2pm for the march. It should last no more than 10 minutes.

This is the same troop that comes to visit us in December to sing holiday songs and which we give them candy and treats.

Thank you.....

Email #2: 9:10 a.m.

You don't need to bring candy and treats for them on Tuesday as this is not the same as when they come in December. They just want an audience to cheer and clap.

Thank you...........

Email #3: 9:17 a.m.

If you want to bring candy to give to them you may, but no one is obligated to bring them candy or treats as they are not expecting it.

Thank you........

Email #4: 9:22 a.m.

We spoke with the troop leader and they will have the scouts make some bags to receive the treats and candy. Remember to be in the lobby at 2pm.

Thank you........

Email #5: 9:31 a.m.

If you want to give the Boy Scouts candy but are not able to be present on Tuesday at 2pm, you may give your treats/candy to me or someone else to hand out to the Boy Scouts. Just make sure you give it to me or someone else in the morning on Tuesday, so that we have it ready.

Thank you.......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or to put it another way the boy scouts want to ponce sweets and they are asking us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Abreu
Portugal
flag msg tools
MAISON ABREU: Lair of Abreu, you know, that guy below. Do not mistake this for other Maisons or Houses or even Abreus.
badge
I do look good on this chair, dont I?
mbmbmbmbmb
You forgot the emails received.
Here they go.

EgorjLileli wrote:
Email #1: 9:00 a.m.

This coming Tuesday, the Boy Scouts have asked to come to our offices to do a patriotic march for us. Please be in the lobby at 2pm for the march. It should last no more than 10 minutes.

This is the same troop that comes to visit us in December to sing holiday songs and which we give them candy and treats.

Thank you.....

And do we need to feed them?

Quote:
Email #2: 9:10 a.m.

You don't need to bring candy and treats for them on Tuesday as this is not the same as when they come in December. They just want an audience to cheer and clap.

Thank you...........

Sure claping and cheering it is. At least we can smoke outside.

Quote:
Email #3: 9:17 a.m.

If you want to bring candy to give to them you may, but no one is obligated to bring them candy or treats as they are not expecting it.

Thank you........

I already said I would cheer and clap, and OK I wont smoke. Damm kids.

Quote:
Email #4: 9:22 a.m.

We spoke with the troop leader and they will have the scouts make some bags to receive the treats and candy. Remember to be in the lobby at 2pm.

Thank you........

Damm reverse psychology. OK then I will bring them some french fries. That counts as a treat for me.

Quote:
Email #5: 9:31 a.m.

If you want to give the Boy Scouts candy but are not able to be present on Tuesday at 2pm, you may give your treats/candy to me or someone else to hand out to the Boy Scouts. Just make sure you give it to me or someone else in the morning on Tuesday, so that we have it ready.

Thank you.......

OK enough is enough.
Heres to you boyscouts:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Girl Scouts sell treats. Boy Scouts receive treats. Hot damn did I pick the right gender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as you can imagine. The actual email answers received were many and varied, but prompted each subsequent email sent.

It was a simple request, that was overly complicated by what people wanted to do versus what we had asked them to do.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dedbob wrote:
Girl Scouts sell treats. Boy Scouts receive treats. Hot damn did I pick the right gender.

Don't be exclusionist, I am sure that girl Guides are ponces too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Well, as you can imagine. The actual email answers received were many and varied, but prompted each subsequent email sent.

It was a simple request, that was overly complicated by what people wanted to do versus what we had asked them to do.

:laugh:

Or to put it another way, was overly complicated by what people volunteered to do versus what we had wanted them to do. It reminds me of the “well would you like to do this” type of question (my answer is often “no unless you tell me too”) as if you have a choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you should form a task force to coordinate the treat giving for the Boy Scouts. 8 to 10 high level management types to study the issue, determine the ROI on the treat giving and come up with a recommendation on treat types, average treats per scout, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edroz wrote:
Maybe you should form a task force to coordinate the treat giving for the Boy Scouts. 8 to 10 high level management types to study the issue, determine the ROI on the treat giving and come up with a recommendation on treat types, average treats per scout, etc.

And then, take to the Board of Directors!!!!

WOW~!!!

Thanks, Ed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have been easier just to call in sick and stay home on Tuesdaycool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.