Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ludvig Bowallius
Sweden
Stockholm
Årsta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've thought about using the dungeons from the original Descent booklet and it's expansions, instead of some of the dungeons you get from the separate cards. I want to do this since my group has NEVER played normal descent so those scenarios are completely unused, but I also like the idea of replacing three smaller dungeons with one bigger challenge.

I pause at the prospect of this though, because the balance could very well be warped in regards to campaign- and monsterlevels not too mention how to balance what the reward for chests will be, unless of course one would simply use the campaign rules for chests as usual.

Still, it seems like a waste not to use them, as some of the quests seem to have a lot of funny moments and altough some present big challenges it would seem like bigger rewards to the players. What I really would like though is comments and thoughts, or even better: results from attempts at actually trying this. Or am I just insane?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are too long and favor the OL way to much. Especially with the twice through the deck limit and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i would highly suggest not to do this. the 3 level dungeon system, is a huge benefit to the hero party, where the heroes can take their last turn to get out of a dungeon level and then start the next level negating an OL turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludvig Bowallius
Sweden
Stockholm
Årsta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm I had a suspicion this might be the case. Very well, I will not trade the 3-level system for the normal dungeons mid-campaign...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
its possible i suppose. the heroes will lose, i guarantee it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
duhtch wrote:
its possible i suppose. the heroes will lose, i guarantee it though.

Unless you leave the gold and silver chests as is, in which case they might well develop a strong lead depending on which "normal" dungeons they get first.

Seriously though, if you want to play the vanilla quests, play vanilla Descent. The AC game is great and all, but there's still something to be said for the occasional one-off session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.