Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my Print 'n Play copy of Merchant of Venus, and while it is very nice and all the pieces/parts are first rate, I just prefer my original AH version from the 80's, so I've decided to put it up for sale/trade. I also will include playing card money done through Artscow vs. the standard paper money.

If interested, PM me an offer of money or games. I will be out of town after 6PM EST Friday July 1st, and won't be back until Sunday night July 3rd, so if I don't answer, it doesn't mean I'm not interested. I will consider all offers, but please be reasonable.

U.S only. Sorry, I don't like messing with international shipping.

Edit: I decided to keep the dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Have: PnP Merchant of Venus (new), W: $$$ or games from "Want in Trade List"
I don't see you stating as such so not sure if you are aware but if you end up "selling" vs. "trading" you must run the sale through the BGG marketplace so BGG get's it's fair due....

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Have: PnP Merchant of Venus (new), W: $$$ or games from "Want in Trade List"
While making and playing games for which you hold no intellectual property rights is unlikely to get you into trouble, you slip into deeper waters when you start selling them. It would be like painting a bullseye on yourself if the IP holders decide at some point to make an example of someone (as the music industry has done with downloaders).

(Just thinking out loud - I have no legal expertise.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How exactly is selling this game I purchased and no longer want as a PnP any different from if I bought a new copy of Puerto Rico and then decided to sell it becuase I changed my mind? I'm not a business or anything, just someone who wants to try and recoup some of what I spent on something I changed my mind on.

Not trying to be mean or anything, just asking.

And to asnwer a previous question, if someone wants to purchase it for $, I will run it through the marketplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
How exactly is selling this game I purchased and no longer want as a PnP any different from if I bought a new copy of Puerto Rico and then decided to sell it becuase I changed my mind? I'm not a business or anything, just someone who wants to try and recoup some of what I spent on something I changed my mind on.

Not trying to be mean or anything, just asking.

I wasn't trying to be mean either. I think it's somewhat like having a counterfeit $20 bill that you received in change. It's illegal for you to use it for a purchase, and you get no compensation for it if you turn it in. Far less serious, of course - IP violations for PnP games would fall under civil law, not criminal, and to this point the legal holders of those rights have taken no action (to my knowledge).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to potential legal concerns, I am no longer going to bother trying to sell/trade this. Better to have it rot in my closet than pay a fine for selling a PnP version of game that's 30+ years old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Cancelled
Bruiser419 wrote:
Due to potential legal concerns, I am no longer going to bother trying to sell/trade this. Better to have it rot in my closet than pay a fine for selling a PnP version of game that's 30+ years old.

Jeez, now I feel bad, Bruce. You realize I'm just an old gasbag, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Cancelled
Sphere wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:

Jeez, now I feel bad, Bruce. You realize I'm just an old gasbag, right?

Don't feel bad. Wasn't my intention. I guess I just figured it wouldn't be a big deal, but if there's potential to be, I'm not one to risk it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to gauge interest in trading. Please note that between the game and the playing card money it will likely take 3-4 games to make it a somewhat even trade. Please keep that in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.