United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish it revealed a bit more... Very little palpable info here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Johnson
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish they would give an estimate on the release date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rwjohnson wrote:
I wish they would give an estimate on the release date.

They say to look for the game to be in store shelves "later this quarter". since this quarter will end September 30th... so, there you have it: an estimate release date

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D6Frog wrote:
It seems like a mixture of the ideas from Death Angel(mission cards, flanking symbols etc.) and Lord of the Rings LCG (Enemy deck you construct per mission card).

I hope that mission setup sheet is a mounted board.

I was thinking the same thing and I like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Rueff
Germany
Muenchen
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Really? I thought im reading a preview for a new dungeons dragons boardgame ala castle ravenloft. Which is not a bad thing, i really hope they keeping tules clear and simple like cr and dont develop another 40 page rulebook monster with unnecessary rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rixxar wrote:
Really? I thought im reading a preview for a new dungeons dragons boardgame ala castle ravenloft. Which is not a bad thing, i really hope they keeping tules clear and simple like cr and dont develop another 40 page rulebook monster with unnecessary rules.

First off, I haven't played Castle Ravenloft, but it seems to me that the big difference is that the Locust won't act the same all the time. Instead of having a set of "behaviour rules" ala Ravenloft you have the AI cards. While you can usually expect a boomer to keep his distance and a wretch to advance you can't be sure exactly what will happen.

Reading about Ravenloft the predictability turned me off. Naturally that is a big part of that game and a tool to use when you play it, but it kills immersion for me and when playing "ameritrash" immersion is what I'm looking for.

So having AI rules that are more fluid seems to me to make for a more fun and less predictable game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikim wrote:
They say to look for the game to be in store shelves "later this quarter". since this quarter will end September 30th... so, there you have it: an estimate release date

cheers

I just hope it comes out before PAX. I'd like to give this a try before I buy it, and that seems like a perfect place to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Zawisza
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
This is shaping up to be some mix of dungeon crawler in GoW universe, and co-op a la Ghost Stories? I would've liked them to base the game on Horde Mode, that's a great co-op right there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Castor Krieg wrote:
This is shaping up to be some mix of dungeon crawler in GoW universe, and co-op a la Ghost Stories? I would've liked them to base the game on Horde Mode, that's a great co-op right there.

I think they mentioned somewhere that there actually is a horde mode in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Cogdiz wrote:
Castor Krieg wrote:

I think they mentioned somewhere that there actually is a horde mode in the game.

What is this "horde mode"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Zawisza
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
bleached_lizard wrote:

What is this "horde mode"?

It's a mode present in GoW 2 multiplayer, a game published for Xbox 360. You and other players over XBL will join in order to defend a point against waves of enemies - each wave harder and more difficult to deal with than the last. Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YViP40ZQAWk

If you are into video games - Last Stand in Dawn of War 2 is another example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MINIPMnm-s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
D6Frog wrote:
It seems like a mixture of the ideas from Death Angel(mission cards, flanking symbols etc.) and Lord of the Rings LCG (Enemy deck you construct per mission card).

I like this comment far more than the comparison to Wrath (shudder).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D6Frog wrote:

Since I like Death Angel, and love LOTR LCG, this comment sold me to the game.

Drooling!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems the AI is a little more exciting than in the D&D titles, which of course is a very good thing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it me, or does it seem to borrow a lot from Earth Reborn too? I have ER, and durring the entire demo video so many things seemed like ER.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously? GOW has an AI opponent, no interrupts, no order tiles or command points.

Oh, it does have guns so I guess I see where you're coming from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Nicewander
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmabuse00 wrote:
Seriously? GOW has an AI opponent, no interrupts, no order tiles or command points.

Woah there Anthony!

Personally, I don't see much similarity between Gears and EB, but did you have to be so rude?

You know, we could have a really different community here at BGG (and really for the most part do) than most of the internet boards around if people would learn to use some civility.

If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrispyMyth wrote:

I agree, but that idea does seem to violate some unwritten rule around here.
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
CrispyMyth wrote:
drmabuse00 wrote:

I totally go by the opposite rule. I don't think anything is worth saying unless you can insult someone with it. It's so much more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrispyMyth wrote:
drmabuse00 wrote:

Woah there Anthony!

Personally, I don't see much similarity between Gears and EB, but did you have to be so rude?

You know, we could have a really different community here at BGG (and really for the most part do) than most of the internet boards around if people would learn to use some civility.

Being rude would be to tell the poster to go fuck himself. I clearly stated where his/her error lay in suggesting GOW "borrowed a lot" from ER.

Previous posters went so far as to give examples of games that are similar, games they probably even played.

The poster I responded to, seems to have never played ER.

Quote:

Robert, up yours!(See, that was rude.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own ER. I've played it a lot. I used the word "seems" and "Is it me". The dice; the character cards and the two sided healthy/injured; the floor tiles; they just seemed very familar.

Although I could say much back to Anthony, his responce to such a casual comment tells far more about type the person he really is than any comment I could make.

I'll let the BGG staff take care of Anthony rather than start an insult war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.