Popular Tags: [View All]
Benny Sperling
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
As the second demo game in the Eagle Games' Wingman program, I decided to demo the fun new game, Pergamon!

I sat down with three new players, Nora, Steffen, and Rod. All experienced gamers and all excited about the theme. We played with the alternate rule of the last person to dig (furthest left) was the first to place in the next round and continued in that fashion with the right most player each round placing last.

The players quickly understood that not scoring any coins was a bad idea. The tactic that seemed to work the best for Rod was to always stay in the middle of the selection.

While I quickly assembled and displayed finds, usually two to three finds per display, my opponents played much slower. The trick of digging in a certain gallery was also very interesting. On more than one occasion a player would select less money to collect more finds.

Steffen managed his money poorly and fell prey to the loss of goods he was not able to store between rounds. Nora managed to collect several interesting finds, but often ended up as either the right most player or the left most player and rarely managed a big pile of coins.

Rod and I often battled for museum spots putting out spectacular finds in the museum the turn of scoring and snapping up a lot of points each time.

In the end, Rod managed to score more finds than I did winning by a matter of a few points. The players all agreed on one thing, "We dig this game!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.