Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Sheets
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that +1 hit cards stack, the example shows that clearly enough. I want to know if other tactic cards stack. We were playing a game last night. I got on the tail of my opponent and was about to do five hits to his plane. He could not avoid the attack, so he played an evasive card. He had another evasive card in his hand and asked me if he could play that one also. The rules say that +1 hit cards stack, so I let him play the second evasive card. That reduced his damage from 5 hit to 1 hit. Did we do this right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sheets
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bueller...Bueller?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srob99 wrote:
Bueller...Bueller?

I think it's high time you had an answer don't you? I've just bought the game and am getting ready for my first play so I've had a really good look at the rules and I'd say no he couldn't do that and you extended him a courtesy (lucky him) he didn't deserve.

Tactics cards stack on your turn, but he's playing evasive maneuvers as a reaction not as an action. The rules are clear that you only get to react to your opponent's card with ONE of your own. So he couldn't have played both evasive maneuvers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sheets
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the response. You are right it does say respond with only one card. I have read the rules several times, and the answer was hiding in plain sight.

This was only the second time that I have played this game, and I was teaching two new people how to play it. I considered it to be more of a demo than a competitive game. I tried to find the answer, but I was taking too much time. So I let him play the two cards.

This was also the first game that we used two Fighters per side. It took us a little while to figure out how to do this. It was right there in the rules, plain as day. It doesn't matter how many times I read the rules for a new game, I don't get everything sorted out until I play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.