Hide
3 Posts

Ascension: Return of the Fallen» Forums » General

Subject: Mmmm..not sure! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Morbaus Litchsmack
msg tools
Maybe someone can convince me this is worth a purchase!
I sleeved the first set with the Ascension sleeves, and bent a dozen or so in the process, they just dont fit nicely and after a few dozen games I started feeling like I was playing a solitaire game with other players!
I dont mean to sound bitter, I like this game, I love the artwork, but after I buy more of the same sleeves+game am I getting more of the same thing? Does this set feel more like a PVP DBG? THX!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith W
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While you're not directly engaging your opponent even with this expansion, there is a lot more going on that affects all players and the board. The Fate mechanics add some new twists to keep things changing up a bit more than the base set. If you're not a huge fan of the base game, I don't think this will change your mind, but if you enjoyed the base game I think this is a worthy investment.

As for the card sleeves, this set should actually fit a bit better into the sleeves. You can find information elsewhere on the forums, but the cards for this set are a bit thinner and narrower than the base game which should make sleeving easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
its definitely not PvP, but I think it is a good addition to the game if you liked the base set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.