Subject: agricola: feeding family during harvest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T. M.
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quick question:
during harvest phase are you allowed to convert to food more than one of each food sources (e.g. three sheep cooked at once, or do you have to vary... lets say one sheep, one vegetable, one pig??)

thanx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin Addis
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
animals and veges - as many as you like as long as you have a fireplace, cooking hearth or one of the few minor improvements that allow you to cook animals and veges
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have three sheep, you can cook them all at once, or mix and match as you see fit. The only restriction is on baking bread and usually you can't bake bread at harvest time anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari Rusakko
Finland
Lappeenranta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tompa wrote:
quick question:
during harvest phase are you allowed to convert to food more than one of each food sources (e.g. three sheep cooked at once, or do you have to vary... lets say one sheep, one vegetable, one pig??)

thanx!

I think in general all conversion restrictions are printed on the corresponding cards. I'll try to illustrate:

Sheep ----> 2 food (this does not have restriction)

VS

Grain -2x-> 4 food (you are allowed to do this 2 times)

As far as I remember you are allowed to slaughter as many animals as you wish during harvest BEFORE they breed. For that matter you are allowed to even slaughter them as you pick them (no room in pastures for them).
A balanced diet is a luxury few can afford. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. M.
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you guys!
thought it was so but wanted to make sure!

as ari said, a balanced diet is a luxury few can afford!! so let's cook some fine, thick mutton stew!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Link
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VorpalBunny wrote:
I think in general all conversion restrictions are printed on the corresponding cards. I'll try to illustrate:

Sheep ----> 2 food (this does not have restriction)

VS

Grain -2x-> 4 food (you are allowed to do this 2 times)

You can convert 1 sheep for 2 food at any time. The grain to food conversions, such as for the stone oven as you described above, is limited per bake bread action. FP/CH have no such restriction, but again can only be used for grain conversions during bake bread actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derakon Derakon
msg tools
We've had a few players think that you could eat sashimi too (i.e. convert any animal to 1 food at any time even without any cookeries). That's not the case. You can eat grain and veggies as 1F each without any cooking implements, but everything else requires cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.