Shark» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification regarding stock prices rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gil Getreuer
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
(I have the FT version)
1) lets say the red stock have a group of 4 tokens and 1 isolated token. that means the price is 4K. Now, if i add a red token to the isolated token. is the price going to be 5 or 6? becasue the rules say that joining a sngle token raises the price by 1K, but the combined number of tokens in groups is 6...
2) When joining 2 groups of the same color, by how much the price of that stock is raised? if i join an isolated token to an existing token group, then the price is raised by 2 (since the group grows larger by 2 tokens), but what if a grup is added to another group? is the price raised by 1 or 2? is there a way to raise the price by more the 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In your firt example, the stock price is now 6 (because agroup of value 4 and a group of 2 now exist). The player placing the piece gets 6FT, eveyone with stock in red get 2FT per red share they hold.

The other scenario is slightly less clear. This is because the rise will be the total of pieces in the group but subject to a maximum value of 7.

If we use your previous values in the first example then the payouts remain as explained.

If, on the other hand, the large group was already 7 (or larger) in size, then red share price would not go up at all. The placing player would also not get 1FT for placing a piece in isolation (because the piece is part of a group)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Getreuer
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick reply.
as for scenario 2, lets say that a grup of 2 is being joined to a group of 3. so, the price is raised by 1 to a total of 6, right? that's funny because joining a single token is more profitable the joining a group...
And is there a way to raise the price of a stock by more then 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Elsenheimer
United States
Howard City
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HalfEatenAngel wrote:
2) When joining... groups of the same color, ... is there a way to raise the price by more the 2?

The only scenario I can think of for a stock to increase by more than 2 on the index is when a counter placed will connect a group (of number [z]) to 2 or 3 isolated counters, all of the same color. Assuming only one existing grouping of that color is on the grid, the value of the stock would increase from [z] to [z+[1](for the new counter)+[1*n](n being the number of isolated counters to be connected)]. This situation is allowed.

However, if you're playing by the Rule of 7, you need to take into account that the end value of a group resulting of 7 or more counters would be 7 on the index, which could affect the bonus and dividends. In such circumstance, the group size must be of between 2 and 4 counters to be able to increase the index by 3 when connecting to 2 isolated counters, and be between 2 and 3 counters to increase the index by 4 when connecting to 3 isolated counter.

Clear as shark infested waters? I hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.