M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has to do with the advanced game.

We had finished the game (4 players) and oneof the bonus cards awarded 15/10/5/0 points for the strongest military.

I was player 4 (Player to the right of the first player).
If I had military of 8 and player two also had military of 8 who gets what bonus?

Player 1 had 15 military, player 3 had 3 military.

Thanks.
goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First player wins all end-game scoring ties, player 4 loses all ties, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Moved to TtA >> Rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, where did you find it?
We looked over the rules but found nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrZoz wrote:

I don't think the question is addressed specifically with reference to Impact cards, but the general rule for breaking ties on Event cards can be found on p. 12 (bottom of left column, top of right column).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was clerified by designer I think. I don't remember for sure exactly where. I agree that it's not super clear in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
IIRC if the impact event comes up through the normal means of playing an event and revealing it as the next card in the current events deck, the current player wins ties, just like events earlier in the game. If the impact event is just revealed for end of game scoring, though, you treat it as if the first player is the current player. Since the OP was asking about the advanced game it would be treated as end of game scoring with the first player being treated as the current player and winning ties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrZoz wrote:

On the back page of the rulebook (at least in the version I have, and also in the English rules PDF file posted in the files section of TtA) there are some explanations of specific cards and situations. One of them is the following:

Age III event cards
Usually, the bonuses from Age III event cards are scored at the end of the game, but if one does appear as a current event, it is scored immediately. The events Impact of Science and Impact of Strength give out bonus points based on the relative standings of the players. Ties are broken in the usual way: in favor of the player whose turn it is. At the end of the game, break ties as though it were the starting player's turn.

(emphasis added by me)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.