Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » General

Subject: Tile warping question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robbie Lyons
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've heard all the tile complaints about this game before, but I was wondering if the current print runs are also warped. If I order a copy now, will it come warped or will it come with nice, flat replacement tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dusek
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure .... err the rest didn't come out so here it is again.

I know this was not the answer you were looking for, but the WOTC spent no time sending out the new tiles once they had them in stock. I received mine in a couple of days after being told they were in stock. I haven't had a problem since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand the second print run doesn't have this problem. However, if you do get a copy and it is from the first print run, just e-mail the company they will send you replacement titles very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie Lyons
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sugden
United States
Concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I received my replacement tiles in the mail a few months back. They have also warped, but only slightly. I think they are good enough to use - I would not have hesitated to buy the game knowing that they would bend that little bit.

It is mainly the 3 room long starting tile that has some issues...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought Betrayal last weekend from my FLGS. No warped tiles, but still problems with the plastic clips slipping off the character sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It took a few weeks after punching for my tiles to be noticeably warped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bertier
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased BatHoH a couple of months ago, and the tiles were soon seriously warped. I emailed the WotC support in Europe (since I live in France) two weeks ago to get the replacement tiles. They answered positively and I received the new tiles less than one week after their email. They are perfectly flat for the moment, we'll see if they stay that way in a few weeks.

In any case, kudos to WotC for their excellent Customer support ! So I would not hesitate buying from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kwon
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mb
Just got a brand new copy of the game, and tiles were already warped. A bit disappointed, but hopefully will get replacements from WOTC soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Snider
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy I purchased at the end of last year had serious warping. A friend purchased a copy several months later, however, and their tiles were fine. So it seems to be hit and miss. Regardless, Wizards was very good about replacing my tiles, and the new ones have had no issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.