uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to announce that we will be delaying the release of Strike of the Eagle. The games were ready to ship from the printer last week, but I put a hold on the shipment. Upon inspection of the air freighted copies that we received, we found a small crease on the folds lines where the ink wears away when folded. Nobody complained about this at Origins where we were demoing the game and I know that this often happens, but it is a feature that I do not want to accept.

I had the printer scrap several thousand copies and they will be reprinting the maps with a laminated top layer. The same was done for the 'Through the Ages' maps, which I think are exemplary. We play that game at least twice a month and our board still looks pristine.

This reprint will delay shipment of the games by 6 weeks and unfortunately throws my release schedule out of whack. But we insist on releasing only top quality. Everything else in the game is beautiful! The colors are vibrant, the blocks and stickers flawless and the cards are REALLY thick and 'snappy'.

For customers who purchased copies at a convention can have a new map sent free of charge.

Please accept my apology for the delay.

Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Clarke
United States
Rockaway Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluessendorf
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
... that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin-
mbmbmbmbmb

Will you have copies of the game available for demoing at GenCon this year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Imhoff
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Uwe for the heads up on the delay. I am willing to wait a little while for perfection.

Will you have a copy at Gencon for demos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Prieto
Spain
Viladecans
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good things take their time, Uwe. The wait will be worthwhile, no doubt.

Keep up the good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we will be demoing the game at GenCon and also will sell the rest of the games that we had air-freighted in. We will then send new maps free of charge for those who want them.
Again, the map looks beautiful, but the white crease bugs me. Our team put way too much work into this game to accept something like this.
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve paschal
United States
Mililani
Hawaii
flag msg tools
designer
In a world that is sliding ever faster into mediocrity as an acceptable standard for goods, it makes me proud to be associated with a company like Academy that simply will not accept anything less that the best from its teams and manufacturers.

Uwe, you guys are the reason I hang around wargaming and do cover art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Williams
Australia
Googong
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exemplary! Best possible reason for a delay.

Uwe, any chance of getting them to make me a new Clash of Monarch's map...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call, Uwe. Always admired that you have your priorities straight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uwe,

I did get a copy at Origins and it does have the crease issue (ignored till now due to heat of battle).

While just a scraggly white line now, it looks a though it could become worse with age.

Thanks for your attention to these details. thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, we designed the line to be exactly over the 'Old German Trench Line' that was left over from WWI. The more you use that map, the more realistic and 3D the game board will become. A true collector's item!

(Make sure to email me so that I send you a new one when it arrives.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wolf
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be a demo of the game at the World Board Gaming Convention in PA? If so what days will it happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
WBC
I, unfortunately, will not be there. I will check to see if any of the developers will be attending WBC. If yes, I will ask them if they will be willing to demo the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Uwe,

I'm just wondering what your best guess on shipping dates might be to pre-orders at this point? I only ask because I am away for two weeks in mid-August and don't really know if your shipping company would hold mail the way that USPS will. No worries if you don't know, just wanted to get a sense of whether I needed to ask someone to come by and look for a package at my door or not.

Thanks!

Steve Hope

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am guessing the end of August, beginning of Sept. This includes the ocean shipping time required. Sorry about this. This entire process is quite frustrating for me, since it delays the release schedule, cash flow, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, Uwe. No need for you to apologize--I appreciate you safeguarding the quality of your products and as you say, I know it is far more frustrating for you than for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holme
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the latest word on when this game will ship? I pre-ordered through CardHaus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The printer is shipping the games in the next two weeks. I expect them in country by mid Sept and then they get shipped to the stores.
Thanks for your order.
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.