Subject: Scenarios in base game/PT rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Quick questions: How many scenarios in the base game are supplement with other expansions? And how many in PT that the USS marines come into play? thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
charlesting wrote:
Quick questions: How many scenarios in the base game are supplement with other expansions? And how many in PT that the USS marines come into play? thanks

The base game is purely base game components. For the most part, all expansions are exclusive to just that expansion and the base game.

The major exceptions to this are the Air Pack and Campaign book which try to bring together all the expansions into more detailed scenarios.

Pacific Theater should come with 10 scenarios and off the top of my head, all 10 feature the USMC and their rule set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
As far as war-games goes, i' waiting for BattleCry to arrive and that's where I'm gonna start with. I' looking for another WWII/sic-fi game. CoH looks pretty good, although quite complicated as it seems. And I'm trying to justify whether to invest that 50 bucks on a single set of CoH or get base+expansion of M44--whichever one that yields max replay value-- tough choice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesting wrote:
Quick questions: How many scenarios in the base game are supplement with other expansions?

All of the base game scenarios were re-released with the Air Pack. Many were updated and revised to improve upon their original design and/or incorporate rules released after the base game was released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesting wrote:
As far as war-games goes, i' waiting for BattleCry to arrive and that's where I'm gonna start with. I' looking for another WWII/sic-fi game. CoH looks pretty good, although quite complicated as it seems. And I'm trying to justify whether to invest that 50 bucks on a single set of CoH or get base+expansion of M44--whichever one that yields max replay value-- tough choice!

Both are excellent games but vary greatly in complexity. I own both and have had far more play with M44 largely because it is easier to find opponents and it has quicker play which fits well into my schedule.

As far as replay value, one can get tired of those base M44 scenarios pretty quickly. Fortunately, there are plenty of free official and unofficial scenarios online. CoH has extra free ones online too.

It is rare that anyone can but "just" the base M44 game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
"I am living off the government tit! Sucking it dry!"
(since 1970)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tsnouffer wrote:
Both are excellent games but vary greatly in complexity. I own both and have had far more play with M44 largely because it is easier to find opponents and it has quicker play which fits well into my schedule.

I second that^

tsnouffer wrote:
As far as replay value, one can get tired of those base M44 scenarios pretty quickly

But not this^ because We've(I play with my family) played those base scenarios countless times and haven't get enough yet(really).
The wonderfulness about M44 is that you can try different strategies each time and after several sessions the game keeps being "juicy" enough to provide fun, excitement and laughs. It really is one of our favorite board games ever!
And, we own other expansions that we haven't tried yet(like the Eastern Front and Mediterranean Theater) So for us, this game will last for years to come and totally worths every penny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brodemir wrote:
tsnouffer wrote:

I second that^

tsnouffer wrote:
As far as replay value, one can get tired of those base M44 scenarios pretty quickly

But not this^ because We've(I play with my family) played those base scenarios countless times and haven't get enough yet(really).
The wonderfulness about M44 is that you can try different strategies each time and after several sessions the game keeps being "juicy" enough to provide fun, excitement and laughs. It really is one of our favorite board games ever!
And, we own other expansions that we haven't tried yet(like the Eastern Front and Mediterranean Theater) So for us, this game will last for years to come and totally worths every penny.

Yeah, in retrospect I probably stated that too strongly. You make excellent points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.