Monster Magnet
msg tools
I want expansions etc. The board is small but as I am a pro artist I'll make a larger scale map and buy more minis or just use my Ravenloft and Ashardalon minis to make a more comfortable custom experience. Monster unit variations seems most obvious.

Is there a wargame out there that has similar scale footsoldiers etc? I don't want to buy a second of this game due to WOTC equipping it with too few pieces.

I saw a Conquest of the Empire vid which incorporates Generals into the mechanic. The hero tokens in Ravenloft and Ash might suit a similar role/variation. I would playtest each of these ideas on an individual trial basis, not just dump all the minis into the mix of course.

A bigger map with a variation of naval fleet would be really cool. Ships w/ +speed, others with +attack or defence etc.

This is a fantastic toolbox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Son of MonsterMagnet wrote:
I don't want to buy a second of this game due to WOTC equipping it with too few pieces.

Have you seen the mountain of plastic that comes in the box? How many pieces do you want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the footsoldiers in Warlords of Europe might work for you. They are slightly larger in scale. If I need to go that route (I have not had the need to yet) I may let each WoE footsoldier represent 5 footsoldiers (instead of using the chips). I do not want to use "slips of paper" like the rules suggest. If I did that, I might print out slips of paper to represent 5 figures like so:

5 footsoldiers =

5 monsters = zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie

5 ships = arrrh arrrh arrrh arrrh arrrh

etc.

(Actually, just for the record, I do not see myself doing that either)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morbaus Litchsmack
msg tools
Im also hoping any kind of expansion will pop up in the future for this game, Ive been experimenting with different concepts for pieces, but then it occurs to me that the cards are what make your minis different or more heroic, not different pieces. A new "center island" board section with a castle or ruins to defend or take control of, a "king of the mountain" style variant! would be cool.
Maybe tokens that represent special fx or levels for your heroes ex: fighters with a "Command" ability = "foot soldiers in this space roll a 5 or higher to hit, the Wizard with an AOE effect (roll a d6 for pieces in an adjacent space) ect. again it might just be easier to make cards that do that sort of thing!
I would love to see Champions or warlords, epic pieces that have a high cost so that you have to bank some gp. in order to them out a little later in the game.....oooohhhh!
Dreamblade" is a WoTC game that sort of slipped though the cracks, borrowing some those mechanics for some board manipulation would be nice as well!!!
LURE
ADVANCE
SKIRMISH
SCARE
EXPELL
STRIKING FROM A DISTANCE.................yeah I love these gamesangry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monster Magnet
msg tools
Yugblad wrote:
I don't want to buy a second of this game due to WOTC equipping it with too few pieces.

Have you seen the mountain of plastic that comes in the box? How many pieces do you want?

It is just for asthetics that I want more pieces. If I use a larger scale map I can fit more troops on a territory. Bits of paper and chips aren't pleasing to the eye and awkward to position. This game as great as it is was built on a budget. When I spend an evening playing this game, I want luxury and NO compromise. I also use a lush dining room w/ large table which adds to the feel of the game. Just looking for ways to make things better, thats all I also like using pro weighted poker chips instead of the die cut gold bars, the color schemes work great. My players love this as its a cool visual account of who has the "coin"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monster Magnet
msg tools
Yugblad wrote:

Lol, is there ever enough? I'm not knocking WOTC, they delivered an incredible game that I love to play. As far as I can see, any complaints about the game have been extremely minor, such as mine is. Kudos to WOTC. Three castles falls a little short, a dragon or two more would have been appreciated also. Because I think Conquest has such potential to be a huge success and has the ability to stay popular, the board scale size just fell short too.

I think WOTC wants their customers to be happy. The easiest way to adress the issue is to sell an expansion that comes with a few castles, (maybe larger or walled to represent a capitol) and a few more dragons. Please give us piece variations too, Generals or Naval vessel variations would be cool....

AW hell, I just love this game. Thanks WOTC for the great things you do !

PS thats not a mountain of plastic, a mountains worth of plastic would fit on a large map re Conquest of the Empire and the like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that there are too few playing pieces in this game. The map has 55 land areas with VPs (not counting dungeon areas). Not counting naval units (ships & storms), each faction has 53 units. I know the game is VP based with no need to conquer the whole map but still the unit to area ratio for each side is too low.

The game is fun but if you want a more epic game, you need way more units & unit types.

Another issue of the game is each side has same number & same types of units of same costs. I think each side should have one unique unit type at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.