Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Wings of War: Deluxe Set» Forums » News

Subject: News from Nexus regarding the future of Wings of War rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
If, like myself, you were starting to despair of ever being able to get your hands on a copy of the Wings of War: Deluxe Set now that FFG has stopped carrying it, there is some rather encouraging news from Nexus:

http://www.nexusgames.com/read.asp?id=3838

Some highlights:

"The manufacturer of the game, Nexus Games, will now distribute directly this product range to the North American market and all other territories around the world which were previously serviced by FFG."

"In september, a reprint of the Wings of War WWI Deluxe Set will be available."

"The range will continue to be expanded by Nexus Games with new releases. A full schedule of the upcoming releases will be issued in july."

"To know more about the Wings of War and be updated about this game series, visit the game's website www.wingsofwar.it or the publisher's website - www.nexusgames.com. Retailers and distributors who want to contact the Nexus Games' sales team may write at ngsales@nexusgames.com."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is so many entries for Wings of War on BGG, that it might be worth keeping an eye on WoW Family Page.
You'll see this topic got discussed on one of the other forums and quite a bit of useful information came out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabs wrote:
There is so many entries for Wings of War on BGG

That's exactly the problem - it's quite impractical to try to keep up with all of them. If you happen to have a link, I'd be very interested in checking out this useful information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
squash wrote:
If you happen to have a link, I'd be very interested in checking out this useful information.

I actually put a link in my last post whistle
Hover your mouse over the words 'WoW Family page'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Leahy
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the news/links. Yay.

Very happy they are adding new pilots and paint jobs to the first series WWI models. Also really like that they are reprinting the deluxe set (is that the revised one or not?) Shrug.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabs wrote:
squash wrote:
If you happen to have a link, I'd be very interested in checking out this useful information.

I actually put a link in my last post whistle
Hover your mouse over the words 'WoW Family page'

Ah - I didn't realize that the WoW Family page had its own section for forum postings. blush

Thanks so much for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was actually refering to the section called 'Linked Forums' (little bit further down) as you can see new posts in every WoW forum there. I wasn't very clear, sorry.
I actually have that page as one of my links on my Quickbar on the BGG header bar. (look up and right ) Very quick to check if anything new has been posted in any of the forums without using the (slightly unreliable, I find) subscribe feature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabs wrote:
I was actually refering to the section called 'Linked Forums' (little bit further down) as you can see new posts in every WoW forum there.

Hey now, that's even more helpful!!

Guess I shouldn't always be so lazy when I'm skimming over pages... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this bit of news. I would have never found this info on my own. Looking forward to seeing it available again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Pack
Canada
Nanaimo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it bad that both url's (nexusgames.com and wingsofwar.it) are down? I was getting really excited to see that I'd be able to (more) easily pick up a copy of the WW1 Deluxe Set. Hopefully this isn't bad news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
DjFIL wrote:
Is it bad that both url's (nexusgames.com and wingsofwar.it) are down? I was getting really excited to see that I'd be able to (more) easily pick up a copy of the WW1 Deluxe Set. Hopefully this isn't bad news.

Nexus is gone and Wings of War is now Wings of Glory from Ares.

Interview on F:AT with Roberto Di Meglio -- information on the future of Wings of War from Ares Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.