Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, I love this game, and nearly most of the times (99 out of 1) I have no problem with troops been without orders, doing nothing while their mates are assaulting and shooting and doing war things.

And I have had no problems with the map division in 3 sectors, fronts, whatever, as most of the times they seem logical, in a way.

And I also love Operation Market Garden, the tension building up while the Allies race to get the bridges before the Germans blunts the whole attack.

But, putting one unit of the 101st Airborne unit the "wrong" side of the sector divide seems too much....strange!!

Play an All attack card in the 101's sector and 4 units will go forward to fight, while the 5th units stays.... "Hey guys, where are you going? surprise Hey wait for us!! Nobody told us anything!!! ....Do not leave us here all alone... cry

And that poor unit will be left there, while the general in charge of the British XXX Corps tries his best to move forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
....and thus why I don't touch the game system except Battlelore. I don't have to worry about historical accuracy with fantasy armies.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
red_zebra_ve wrote:
Play an All attack card in the 101's sector and 4 units will go forward to fight, while the 5th units stays.... "Hey guys, where are you going? surprise Hey wait for us!! Nobody told us anything!!! ....Do not leave us here all alone... cry

Command & Control = FAIL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it could be to replicate not all off the troops droping in the correct drop zone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janko Kene
Slovenia
Cerkno
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is exactly what happened in Normandy 1944; some units were scattered, without commanding officers to give orders, disoriented, 20-30 miles off their LZ...
Add to this the stress and confusion, fog-of-war and there you are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Koleno
United States
Princeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My friends and I have gotten away from using the cards, we use an "order token" variant:

To play this variant you need 50 order tokens. Each player places 25 tokens in their reserve pool at the beginning of the game and at the beginning of each turn takes tokens equal to the number of command cards specified in the scenario and places them in their available pool. The player can then do either of the following:

1)Pay one order token (move token from the available pool back to the reserve pool) and order any one unit anywhere on the board.
2)Pay the cost in order tokens for a special tactic (see below). Special tactics cannot be used the first two turns. They cannot be used two turns in a row. Each tactic can only be use once per game (exception is Air Strike, if one side has air superiority).

Unused order tokens remain in the available pool and can be used in following turns.

We created a one page table for each player listing the special tactics below. When the tactic is used, place one of the paid order tokens on it to reflect its usage.

SPECIAL TACTICS:

Tactic Name, Token Cost/Item (Maximum Items), Effect

Air Strike, 2/Hex (4), Roll 1 die per hex and hit on unit/grenade/star
Ambush, 4/Unit (2), Battle First
Armour Assault, 2/Armour (4), Battle +1 dice on Close Assault
Artillery Bombardment, 3/Artillery (3), Battle Twice
Barrage, 2/Die (4), Target 1 hex and hit on unit/grenade
Behind Enemy Lines, 4/Infantry (2), Move max 3, battle +1 die,move max 3
Close Assault, 2/Unit (4), Battle +1 die in close assault
Dig In, 2/Unit (4), Place Sandbag on unit
Finest Hour, 3/Unit (3), +1 movement, battle +1 die
Fire Fight, 2/Unit (4), Battle +1 die in non-close assault
Infantry Assault, 2/Infantry (4), +1 movement
Medics&Mechanics, 2/Inf 4/Arm 6/Art (4), Replaces killed figure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.